• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bad news

MKEgal

[A Madistan gun store owner] predicts Dick's will resume sales of the removed, semi-automatic weapons if competitors continue to sell them.
They're welcome to try... but I think their unconsidered reaction will cost them many customers.

Walmart removed the type of gun used in the Connecticut shooting from its web site.
Not quite the same, since they won't sell via mail/web, & haven't said they won't sell these at all.

And Cheaper Than Dirt has "temporarily suspended online firearm sales".
Unless they've had a problem in the past, why do they need to change anything?

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
It can't be all that bad news if the OP didn't even bother to give a hint about it in the thread title; or more than a cryptic "giving up" in the OP.

Last edited:
M

McX

their actions prove politically correct knee jerk reactions are still alive and well in America.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Antagonistic Private Message

I received the following hostile private message from OliverClothesHoff

if you dont like my postings dont read them
the body of the post is for the info the title is the eye catcher and by the looks of it it worked so love it or leave it i dont care

forum rule # 8 stay on topic

Rather than recognize his discourtesy, he chose to send me a snarky PM.

Note: I will always publish an antagonistic PM. Don't think you can get away with secrecy by sending me an antagonistic PM. I will always publish it for all to see. I have PM's activated for friends, not hostility.

Last edited:

Lurchiron

Note: I will always publish an antagonistic PM. Don't think you can get away with secrecy by sending me an antagonistic PM. I will always publish it for all to see. I have PM's activated for friends, not hostility.

Maybe he is embarassed by his small "keyboard"...:question::question::question:

lance galloway

I got this email from Cheaper than dirt last nite

View this email in a web browser | Forward to a friend
ctdChron_issueL.jpg

December 19, 2012

ctdChron_issueR.jpg
Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

Cheaper Than Dirt! prides itself on being America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter since 1993. Cheaper Than Dirt! boasts over 100,000 items available for purchase through their Web site and catalog. Articles, photos and videos appear daily on the Shooter's Log at www.CheaperThanDirt.com/blog.

This biweekly e-newsletter is sent out by
Cheaper Than Dirt!
2524 NE Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76106 USA

Firearms Iinstuctor

A strong message has to be sent to them we do not do Business with people who are willing to stab us in the back.

S@W,Ruger,Zumbo found out the hard way and changed there ways a few weeks or month of way reduce sales should do it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Oliverclotheshoff has sent me another antagonistic PM:

my pm to you was not be be secret but it was an attempt to keep a thread on topic but it shows you have no cares about following forum rules

also i did not make a threatening statement or verbally abusive statement so therefore there was no hostility

so with this said good day and happy future threadjaking

Although milder, its still antagonistic--note the last clause.

Also, note how he accuses me of threadjacking when he himself clearly tried to lure readers with an emotional, but uninformative thread title, and then used an ambiguous comment to lure people to click on his link. All this rather than the simple courtesy of a reasonably informative thread title and a Fair Use excerpt.

Notice also how he redefines antagonism to suit his own counter-argument.

MKEgal

The first link:
Dick's Sporting Goods removing some semi-automatics from stores
"Dick's Sporting Goods is pulling certain kinds of semi-automatic rifles off its shelves nationwide in response to last week's shooting in Newton, Connecticut.
In a statement, the retailer says it's also removing all guns from its store nearest to Newtown."

The second link:
Cheaper Than Dirt Gives in to Anti-Gun Lobby
Announcing that they were "temporarily" suspending sales.

oliverclotheshoff

View this email in a web browser | Forward to a friend
ctdChron_issueL.jpg

December 19, 2012

ctdChron_issueR.jpg
Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

Cheaper Than Dirt! prides itself on being America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter since 1993. Cheaper Than Dirt! boasts over 100,000 items available for purchase through their Web site and catalog. Articles, photos and videos appear daily on the Shooter's Log at www.CheaperThanDirt.com/blog.

This biweekly e-newsletter is sent out by
Cheaper Than Dirt!
2524 NE Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76106 USA

i received the same email

Snake161

if you dont like my postings dont read them
the body of the post is for the info the title is the eye catcher and by the looks of it it worked so love it or leave it i dont care

forum rule # 8 stay on topic

Funny, I fail to see how his message was "snarky". Considering the fact that he clearly didn't want to start a back and forth dialogue on the forums, he did a courtesy to all of us by simply sending you a message to not attack his post. I also fail to see how it was "hostile". Let's leave the overheated liberal rhetoric for the drones, shall we?

I have posted on forums and received attacks as well, sometimes they don't stop for at least the first 4 to 5 posts...sometimes the topic is so trivial it's sad to see such anger coming from fellow Americans....we really have a problem with that these days, don't we?

To sum it up, he's right. Stay on topic. And to that effect, I sent both of them a message. :cool:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Funny, I fail to see how his message was "snarky". Considering the fact that he clearly didn't want to start a back and forth dialogue on the forums, he did a courtesy to all of us by simply sending you a message to not attack his post. I also fail to see how it was "hostile". Let's leave the overheated liberal rhetoric for the drones, shall we?

I have posted on forums and received attacks as well, sometimes they don't stop for at least the first 4 to 5 posts...sometimes the topic is so trivial it's sad to see such anger coming from fellow Americans....we really have a problem with that these days, don't we?

To sum it up, he's right. Stay on topic. And to that effect, I sent both of them a message. :cool:

His last clause in the quote says it all--a sarcastic hit about threadjacking.

Too bad if he doesn't want a back-and-forth on the thread. He posted an uninformative thread title and a vague comment in his OP without a Fair Use excerpt. This is discourteous at best, intentionally manipulative at worst. I called him on it in the thread. Too bad if he doesn't like it. My PM's are not activated for antagonists; I don't owe it to him to stay strictly on topic while allowing him to send me antagonistic PMs.

He wanted to lure people into clicking on the thread title. Well, it worked. I clicked. Tough if he didn't like the customer feedback he received.

If he wants me to let it go, all he has to do is stop sending me antagonistic PMs, and make no further comment here on the thread.

oliverclotheshoff

His last clause in the quote says it all--a sarcastic hit about threadjacking.

Too bad if he doesn't want a back-and-forth on the thread. He posted an uninformative thread title and a vague comment in his OP without a Fair Use excerpt. This is discourteous at best, intentionally manipulative at worst. I called him on it in the thread. Too bad if he doesn't like it. My PM's are not activated for antagonists; I don't owe it to him to stay strictly on topic while allowing him to send me antagonistic PMs.

He wanted to lure people into clicking on the thread title. Well, it worked. I clicked. Tough if he didn't like the customer feedback he received.

If he wants me to let it go, all he has to do is stop sending me antagonistic PMs, and make no further comment here on the thread.

forum rule # 8 how hard is it to stay on topic

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
forum rule # 8 how hard is it to stay on topic

Your OP is so vague as to not have a topic. How hard is it to man-up and recognize your cheezy little tactic 1) was discourteous, and 2) worked; too bad if you didn't anticipate somebody calling you on it among all those who fell for it.

Separately, I am literally discussing the thread title and OP. Its not like I'm talking about sixteen ways to cook turnips.

Your only hope is to either acknowledge your discourtesy or shut up. I assure you that as long as you keep jacking your own thread by arguing with me, I will continue to argue with you.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Whats that song ... "what have you done for me lately.."

Its only in tough times one finds out who or what a person supports...

He should change his words to "as a previous long-time supporter..."