I think you are right to pay attention. Most of the we need more gun laws are coming from the news media and the people they pick to interview that couldn't tell a 10/22 from a ak47. Never having touched a gun in there life. Washington Ceasefire has talked bout everything from AW Ban to limiting who can have a CPL here in WA. Thankfully they have such a small amount of members that they really don't have near the power as the Pro gun masses. But in the event a bill gets submitted. We need to act and not say it will never go through. We have a pretty good state when it comes to firearms ownership and it's been getting better with the suppressor change, and now people working on SBR and SBS.
I just get frustrated when someone call a 10/22 with a Archangel stock on it a assault weapon but says the standard version is ok. Or a mini14 with a folding stock vs a rancher model. You don't ask a doctor about how to fix your car engine with a rod knock because he isn't educated on the subject, even though he is a very smart guy. Infact he would step back and say Sorry I really know nothing about that. Yet EVERYONE seems to be a expert on weapons. If Anti Gun people were educated, I would be more interested in sitting down and having a conversation.
WA Ceasefire is asking for 5 so called common sense laws.
1. I agree with having stricter punishments for underage possession of firearms.
2. I don't see how the gun show loophole is a problem. I could buy a gun easier and more convieniently off the street, than planning a trip to a gun show and driving to it paying a entrance fee and gas.
3. WTH is a semi- auto assault weapon anyway. Rolling eyes. I like how the leader of WA ceasefire says guns that fire I think he said up to 600 rounds a minute. Sure. Sarcasm...
4. Clip- bullet limited to 10 All that will do is have people carrying 2 or multiple 10 round mags instead of one 15- 30 rounder. Hmmm... I can reload pretty damn fast.
5. letting the sheriff limit who can have a CPL. saying it could have prevented Cafe' Racer. You already get turned down if you are a known bad guy. What do they want to happen have a LEO follow you around for a week and get to know you first? That will work wonders on payroll when Pierce county alone does 60-100 permits a day.