Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Has anyone heard of our elected officals pushing for gun control?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    125

    Has anyone heard of our elected officals pushing for gun control?

    On news channel 8 richard blumenthal has stated he will push for a ban on "assault weapons" this term. I think we need to start sending some letters/emails and show that we do not support his decision as its one made hastily and with far too much emotion.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Rich B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,910
    The legislative session begins January 9th. They will be present and pushing their agenda.

    The only question is who will be there to resist?
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

    Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    125
    Ill be there. Im tired of losing rights due to emotion. The previous AWB did nothing to stop gun violence.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    125
    Today the president said he will working to reinstate the AWB. He we go again.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Naugatuck CT
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyburnout View Post
    Today the president said he will working to reinstate the AWB. He we go again.
    CT has an AWB the gun used in the Newtown shooting was not considered a AW so why would an AWB do anything?
    The guy used multiple mags. why would lower capacity mags make a difference.
    The man killed to get a gun what would prevent him from killing say a cop to get a AW.
    What prevents the same guy from setting a bomb off or setting the building on fire, or crashing a bus etc.

    Cars kill more people everyday than guns kill all year.
    Yet we don't think twice about driving.
    Having a drink or two and driving.
    Giving a 16yr a license.
    Driving next to a truck with 1000s of gallons of explosive fuels.
    And they barely enforcing traffic laws, letting people off with a slap on the wrist.

    Driving a car you need to be alert at all times. One little mistake you can kill multiple people.
    To carry a gun you only need to be alert when you draw your weapon at that point one little mistake can only kill one person.
    It is not that same.

  6. #6
    Regular Member brk913's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Plainville, CT
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by customcreationllc View Post
    CT has an AWB the gun used in the Newtown shooting was not considered a AW so why would an AWB do anything?
    The guy used multiple mags. why would lower capacity mags make a difference.
    The man killed to get a gun what would prevent him from killing say a cop to get a AW.
    What prevents the same guy from setting a bomb off or setting the building on fire, or crashing a bus etc.

    Cars kill more people everyday than guns kill all year.
    Yet we don't think twice about driving.
    Having a drink or two and driving.
    Giving a 16yr a license.
    Driving next to a truck with 1000s of gallons of explosive fuels.
    And they barely enforcing traffic laws, letting people off with a slap on the wrist.

    Driving a car you need to be alert at all times. One little mistake you can kill multiple people.
    To carry a gun you only need to be alert when you draw your weapon at that point one little mistake can only kill one person.
    It is not that same.
    Before I respond to some of your questions I want to state for the record that i agree with everything you have said and hope that nothing changes but we need to be prepared for what is coming.

    A new AWB will include all "evil black rifles" I am thinking in CT they will use the term "all AR Type"...they will say no one can transfer, even "prebans" there will be no such thing....forget about bayonet lugs and flash hiders, if it's a semi auto with a detachable magazine it will be on the hit list.

    Magazine count is very arbitrary, who made up the magical number of 10, next it will be 5, then no detachables, it could get ugly....

    Nothing will stop a criminal from getting a gun, banned or not, will they kill a cop for it? Maybe but I don't think they will need to, there are millions of guns already out there for them to steal....

    Crashing a car, using a bomb, etc...I agree, a deranged individual will surely do that if they are determined to kill a lot of people...look at Tim McVeigh....I don't see a call for a ban on UHaul trucks, jet fuel or fertilizer...

    Cars are dangerous but most people consider them a necessity (not really true but that is the opinion of most), where guns are not considered a necessity by a lot of people, especially right now with all the knee jerk hysteria going on...

    Again, I totally agree with you and I hope nothing changes for us but somethin tells me that some bad piece of legislation will pass this year and although it will have zero effect on criminals or crime it will make the gun haters feel good....
    Member:, NRA Patron Life, NSSF, CCDL, CT Carry, MRPC and Bell City
    NRA Certified Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer - Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, Metallic Cartridge/Shotgun Shell Reloading - www.ctpistolpermit.com

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    The legislative session begins January 9th. They will be present and pushing their agenda.

    The only question is who will be there to resist?
    You're kidding, right? I think people are arming themselves for a civil war. People now know what the goal is: complete disarmament of the citizens of this country. They cannot hide it any more. Liberal newspapers are asking for gun grabs, politicians are too...they have awoken sleeping Americans who will not lie down and accept it .. people are buying ARs, high capacity mags, etc...the citizens are getting ready to go to war.

    I called my state senator's office today ... the senator's aid said that the 2nd amendment is obsolete (its over 200 years old!), was made so the colonists could fight the British, and only applies to militias. They are going back to pre-Heller rhetoric ! It won't fly anymore. And I have seen more "2nd amendment is for hunters"in the news from politicians who are lawyers that should know better.

    My guess what will happen in Hartford: yelling, shouting, threats and if bills are passed, gunshots and quite a bit of bloodshed. The 27 who died will look small compared to the upcoming carnage if bills are passed that limit our gun rights in any fashion. I think the liberals think that after 20 kids die, people will just forget the 2nd amendment but they are wrong (people are snapping up 30 rd, 50 rd, 100 rd mags). What they did not recognize is that the 2nd amendment has allowed citizens to be prepared for just such a time period. It is a conflict the state cannot win without federal intervention and if that happens, civil war would likely break out on a national scale. And the feds cannot defeat the people this time.


    That's my prediction ...

  8. #8
    Regular Member motoxmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Middletown, CT
    Posts
    763
    sadly david, I agree with you. I've been to numberous gun stores around the state, and I've been to almost every reputable online store in the country, and ALL of them are sold out of nearly everything! my observations have led me to notice the only things stores have not sold out of quickly are guns/ammo/accessories that are known to have reliability issues.
    and yes, AR type rifles and high capacity mags for AR type rifles were the first to sell out everywhere, then came high capacity mags for nearly every other gun in existence, then came selling out of nearly every type of gun (rifle and handgun) that is commonly used in branches of military and law enforcement.

    I am definitely not the paranoid type, nor am I any kind of conspiracy theorist. but something is definitely coming, soon. millions upon millions of people simultaneously can not be wrong coincidentally. everyone is preparing, and unfortunately they are preparing for something that has good chances of actually occurring

  9. #9
    Regular Member bmmd321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hamden,CT
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
    sadly david, I agree with you. I've been to numberous gun stores around the state, and I've been to almost every reputable online store in the country, and ALL of them are sold out of nearly everything! my observations have led me to notice the only things stores have not sold out of quickly are guns/ammo/accessories that are known to have reliability issues.
    and yes, AR type rifles and high capacity mags for AR type rifles were the first to sell out everywhere, then came high capacity mags for nearly every other gun in existence, then came selling out of nearly every type of gun (rifle and handgun) that is commonly used in branches of military and law enforcement.

    I am definitely not the paranoid type, nor am I any kind of conspiracy theorist. but something is definitely coming, soon. millions upon millions of people simultaneously can not be wrong coincidentally. everyone is preparing, and unfortunately they are preparing for something that has good chances of actually occurring
    I have to agree. Something is definitely brewing since everything online and in stores is gone. Glad I bought my AR a few months ago. I'm a LAC and no one is going to take my rights or guns away.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post

    I am definitely not the paranoid type, nor am I any kind of conspiracy theorist. but something is definitely coming, soon. millions upon millions of people simultaneously can not be wrong coincidentally. everyone is preparing, and unfortunately they are preparing for something that has good chances of actually occurring

    My heart has been heavy since the elections. Even more so now. Your statement could not be more accurate!
    Last edited by TheMrs; 12-22-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: In my weary and tired state of mind I mixed up my words....

  11. #11
    Regular Member motoxmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Middletown, CT
    Posts
    763
    here's another prediction: watch how many people add insurance coverage for their guns in the next few months. then if any type of bill banning or restricting anything gun related passes, watch how many people report their guns stolen
    (for the record, I do NOT condone doing the above. it is simply a guess of what a large number of people will probably do)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •