Thread: SB 59 is DEAD, and compromising OC away should be too

SB 59 is DEAD, and compromising OC away should be too

My opinion: no open carry advocate and no open carry organization should ever think again of going along with criminalizing OC in any area it is already legal.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Hey, easy there. Grab your champagne, you won. No OC restrictions for the 3 times a year you use it in a PFZ. All praise the survival of the slow gun boards, all praise the lack of any accountability of those gun boards. You won, congrats.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    No OC restrictions for the 3 times a year you use it in a PFZ.
    I'd be careful about using an argument that it's ok to compromise something away that represents a small minority. I can think of another thing that argument could be used against, and its initials are O. C.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden
    slow gun boards . . . lack of any accountability . . .
    Those gun boards are a minority. SB 59 was a wrecking ball approach to a house that has some stuck doors.

Those can be addressed by legislation, in much more efficient and tightly focused bills. Can also be addressed by court action and with the ballot box.

Those are more pin-point, specific ways to take care of any such problems without having to compromise rights away every time we want to "advance" on something.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BoiledFrogs View Post
    Im with you 100% on this one DanM.
    Doesn't surprise me since CC for you isn't an option for what, 7 more years?
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

Doesn't surprise me since CC for you isn't an option for what, 7 more years?

Doesn't matter anyways... soon we'll have only revolvers and 1-2 shot break action~!!!
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Activist Member
    Hey, easy there. Grab your champagne, you won. No OC restrictions for the 3 times a year you use it in a PFZ. All praise the survival of the slow gun boards, all praise the lack of any accountability of those gun boards. You won, congrats.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. We must never allow what we WANT to infringe on the RIGHTS of even the smallest minority!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Ezerharden
    You & I have had this decusion before your just unhappy. You pic at every post that you don't like.

Now that being said when you give up a right to OC for cc only, maybe you should revaluate your stance ?

And that is your choice at least (we all) still have one, without having to pay more for that enhanzement.:-)

We or at least I support OC & CC but i will not deminish or give away either of them for the other !

That is the only stace that the Open Carry group can have.

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff69 View Post
    Ezerharden
    You & I have had this decusion before your just unhappy. You pic at every post that you don't like.

Now that being said when you give up a right to OC for cc only, maybe you should revaluate your stance ?

And that is your choice at least (we all) still have one, without having to pay more for that enhanzement.:-)

We or at least I support OC & CC but i will not deminish or give away either of them for the other !

That is the only stace that the Open Carry group can have.
    Nope not unhappy really. Not in general at least. However I would have rather had the option to CC, since OC is likely to soon be banned in PFZ's anyway. So now we may soon have neither option.

As to picking at posts, careful about throwing stones on that issue.
    Last edited by Ezerharden; 12-19-2012 at 07:52 PM.