• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 59 is DEAD, and compromising OC away should be too

DanM

My opinion: no open carry advocate and no open carry organization should ever think again of going along with criminalizing OC in any area it is already legal.

Ezerharden

Hey, easy there. Grab your champagne, you won. No OC restrictions for the 3 times a year you use it in a PFZ. All praise the survival of the slow gun boards, all praise the lack of any accountability of those gun boards. You won, congrats.

DanM

No OC restrictions for the 3 times a year you use it in a PFZ.

I'd be careful about using an argument that it's ok to compromise something away that represents a small minority. I can think of another thing that argument could be used against, and its initials are O. C.

Ezerharden said:
slow gun boards . . . lack of any accountability . . .

Those gun boards are a minority. SB 59 was a wrecking ball approach to a house that has some stuck doors.

Those can be addressed by legislation, in much more efficient and tightly focused bills. Can also be addressed by court action and with the ballot box.

Those are more pin-point, specific ways to take care of any such problems without having to compromise rights away every time we want to "advance" on something.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Hey, easy there. Grab your champagne, you won. No OC restrictions for the 3 times a year you use it in a PFZ. All praise the survival of the slow gun boards, all praise the lack of any accountability of those gun boards. You won, congrats.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. We must never allow what we WANT to infringe on the RIGHTS of even the smallest minority!

mastiff69

Ezerharden
You & I have had this decusion before your just unhappy. You pic at every post that you don't like.

Now that being said when you give up a right to OC for cc only, maybe you should revaluate your stance ?

And that is your choice at least (we all) still have one, without having to pay more for that enhanzement.:)

We or at least I support OC & CC but i will not deminish or give away either of them for the other !

That is the only stace that the Open Carry group can have.

Ezerharden

Ezerharden
You & I have had this decusion before your just unhappy. You pic at every post that you don't like.

Now that being said when you give up a right to OC for cc only, maybe you should revaluate your stance ?

And that is your choice at least (we all) still have one, without having to pay more for that enhanzement.:)

We or at least I support OC & CC but i will not deminish or give away either of them for the other !

That is the only stace that the Open Carry group can have.

Nope not unhappy really. Not in general at least. However I would have rather had the option to CC, since OC is likely to soon be banned in PFZ's anyway. So now we may soon have neither option.

As to picking at posts, careful about throwing stones on that issue.

Last edited: