• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do you recall the Governor?

Small_Arms_Collector

Is there a process in Michigan to recall the Governor?, if so how. Now that he has shown himself to be a flip flopping, anti gun son of a bitch, it's time to get rid of him, and I don't want to wait until 2014 if I can help it, I want him to leave office in scandal, and shame, I want to destroy his career, how can we do it?

We need a REAL conservative who WILL sign pro gun legislation NOW, not in 2014.

Raggs

Is there a process in Michigan to recall the Governor?, if so how. Now that he has shown himself to be a flip flopping, anti gun son of a bitch, it's time to get rid of him, and I don't want to wait until 2014 if I can help it, I want him to leave office in scandal, and shame, I want to destroy his career, how can we do it?

We need a REAL conservative who WILL sign pro gun legislation NOW, not in 2014.

remember there are pro-gun people here who would have vetoed it as well.

TheQ

A governor recall effort involves several hundred thousand signatures within 60 days. Unless you have a small army willing to volunteer, this usually involves $1,000,000+ as professional canvassers are paid $3 or more per signature
Good luck!

Small_Arms_Collector

A governor recall effort involves several hundred thousand signatures within 60 days. Unless you have a small army willing to volunteer, this usually involves $1,000,000+ as professional canvassers are paid $3 or more per signature
Good luck!

Think we could organize a volunteer effort?

Like say everyone here gets 100 signatures?

TheQ

Think we could organize a volunteer effort?

Like say everyone here gets 100 signatures?

Hahaha!

No ;)

Seriously, we'd need like 1,000 volunteers willing to go door/door and engage complete strangers and they'd each need to collect 500-700 unique signatures -- a task that'd I'd estimate would take at least 40 hours. With 60 days, that's almost 5 hours a week.

If you think it can happen, I have a bridge to Canada that's yours for $1...

OC4me

remember there are pro-gun people here who would have vetoed it as well.

True, but perhaps not for the same reasons put forth by the Governor. The Governor indicated his veto was because he wanted to weaken preemption. I am not aware of any Pro-gun group in favor of that. Furthermore, if that wasn't bad enough, he explicitly spoke out against the lawful practice of open carry.

I would definitely support a recall effort. I really expected that the pro-union camp would have launched a recall campaign by now.

It is my understanding that the pro-gunners who were in favor of vetoing the bill were against it for reasons of principal, i.e. opposed to the sacrifice of open carry rights.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

...we could contribute to a fight ran by the unions though....

Okay being a bit of a political wonk I'll bite. The Q is right. To pull off the recall of "dicky" ricky it will require an unholy alliance of people like us, Tea Party, Independents, and other folks to shake hands with the unions and work together to eject his RINO butt from office. Could this happen? I never say never, but the odds of this happening are small at best.