• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - Live Panel Discussion on Guns in America

Rich B

Connecticut Carry Director Ed Peruta will take part in Live Panel Discussion
Connecticut, 12/19/2012:

Connecticut Carry Director Ed Peruta will be taking part in a one hour live panel discussion hosted by Connecticut Public Television (CPTV) and WNPR regarding guns in America. Live calls from viewers will be addressed by the panelists.

The panel will take place on Thursday, December 20th between 8 - 9pm.

We would like to thank CPTV and WNPR for once again extending a welcoming hand to Connecticut Carry to discuss the issues so important to us. It is important that we have good pro-rights dialogue at a time when we will undoubtedly also have lots of negative dialogue.

Please tune in, call in and support the panel in discussing relevant matters in an open and frank manner.

You can find channel information for live television on CPTV's website: http://www.cpbn.org/pressrelease/cptv-channel-listing-connecticut-town-oct-2012

You can listen live over the internet: http://www.cpbn.org/listen-live

Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: rich@ctcarry.com
http://ctcarry.com

http://ctcarry.com/News/Release/2c77ea6f-6826-4e31-a11e-088297f8a2b7

Last edited:

Rich B

I would like to thank the organizer's of the panel for inviting Connecticut Carry. It is important that the good citizens of this state have good representation in such matters.

I would also like to extend a big thanks to Connecticut Carry Director Ed Peruta. Ed continues to prove himself to be a great asset to us in Connecticut and his many, many years of experience sure showed in this debate.

Bob Crook did a fantastic job as well up there. I think between our two organizations we really held our own in an anti gun room.

And as always, I would like to thank our members and supporters who make any of this possible. We have seen a groundswell of support in the last week or so, and we really appreciate it. We will not back down or let you guys down. Their attack may be in motion, but we are just getting started. The difference will be that we are honest and our arguments are based on solid logic and fact. That will be our advantage.

More to come as it happens...

motoxmann

^x2^ Thank you Ed Peruta and Bob Cook, you guys both did amazingly well. and Bob Cook, specifically thank you for blatantly stating you will be opposing the national bill currently being discussed.

I found it mildly amusing at how poorly the Hartford Mayor presented himself verbally. nearly everything that came out of his mouth almost perfectly contradicted all the views he was trying to convince people of haha. I have many many many opinions regarding the mayor beyond this previous statement, but I'll keep those to myself. I'll simply say I'm glad I don't live in his town, and I hope he never has any actual leverage on anything that happens in towns I do or could ever live in.
the education woman seemed to hold her composure quite well, but often seemed to avoid pressing topics and questions asked of her.

next up, anxiously awaiting the NRA's statement tomorrow

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well I filed a FOIA request regarding the Newtown incident to the city of Newtown.

I have received a reply. There have been no press releases by the city was an answer to my query specifically for press releases...was an answer to one record request for press releases.

All other requested records were denied under 1-210(b)19 and 1-210(b)18a exemptions.

I have filed an appeal to the FIC regarding their claims of exemptions.

So Ed was correct, nobody currently knows what happened at Newtown. Media statements really shed no light on the facts .. they are just reporting non-official water-cooler information.

I really don't know how the city cannot be issuing press releases regarding this incident. After all, it was the state that required the kids to be there and it was the city's responsibility to insure their safety. Now they blame 20 rd mags, guns, whatever they feel they can blame except for the total failure of the city and state.

If the state cannot protect kids that they require to be somewhere, how can they protect anyone?

Personally, I would not have made a statement saying that I was sorry about the deaths in Newtown as I really don't see their deaths in any type of relationship with the second amendment whose focus is to allow us to defend ourselves from the gov't. I don't see a link between the 2nd amendment and the shooting at the town.

Ed tried to make a point about WWII and our gun ownership stopping an invading force (or the fact that gun popularity has varied throughout history)... but Ed should know that this is within our constitution as being the duty of our military and not civilian population. Luckily, the idiots who were anti-gun did not ever actually read the document.

I would advise anyone going to Hartford this upcoming session not to mention the Newtown shooting when arguing against the various gun control bills. One can say "my mags, handguns, shotguns, or rifles never murdered anyone, or anyone else's of law abiding citizens who own guns to protect themselves" so why are you trying to punish us? Punish those who need punishing ... not those who have and are responsible with their 2nd amendment rights"

And Ed did not talk about the need for 20+rd mags...during Katrina police and federal troops busted into people's house to steal their guns, and in large groups. So the need for large capacity mags were exampled there. Another analogy is a fire extinguisher .. you have this in your kitchen (or I hope you do). You may never need to use it but there is a need to have it, right? You may die and never have used the extinguisher .. but you had a need to have it anyway. No one ever said that the 2nd amendment is limited to only defending yourself against a very small group or single person wanting to cause you harm.

Ed was not given much time to address these issues and as he said, it would take longer than 1 hr to talk about every aspect.