• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Provide school security

WalkingWolf

I think we as a whole should step up to the plate to volunteer security for schools where there is no armed security. It should come from the leaders or owners of this site and other organizations. I believe we should make it public to the media that we are willing to do our part to protect our children. I would be willing to spend the time, and if they wished renew my LE firearms certification, though I do not believe it is necessary. This program worked in Israel. It should be made clear we will not take part in any administration duties of a school resource officer. We would only be there in the case of dire circumstances, life and death. No breaking up fights or any such thing that is done by teachers.

This would do several things. Show we are responsible, normalize OC more, give our youth a sense of security, and get the word out to the public that banning guns is not the answer. IMO we need to do this as a group because individually we will not be taken seriously. We could get User to draft a letter that can be used by each state, the letter should have admins signature. And then we can ourselves print that letter and mail it to our schools, or hand it in person. But we also need the media attention, that we are willing to do our part.

Lurchiron

I think we as a whole should step up to the plate to volunteer security for schools where there is no armed security. It should come from the leaders or owners of this site and other organizations. I believe we should make it public to the media that we are willing to do our part to protect our children. I would be willing to spend the time, and if they wished renew my LE firearms certification, though I do not believe it is necessary. This program worked in Israel. It should be made clear we will not take part in any administration duties of a school resource officer. We would only be there in the case of dire circumstances, life and death. No breaking up fights or any such thing that is done by teachers.

This would do several things. Show we are responsible, normalize OC more, give our youth a sense of security, and get the word out to the public that banning guns is not the answer. IMO we need to do this as a group because individually we will not be taken seriously. We could get User to draft a letter that can be used by each state, the letter should have admins signature. And then we can ourselves print that letter and mail it to our schools, or hand it in person. But we also need the media attention, that we are willing to do our part.

I called to volunteer at the school where my youngest goes to on Monday morning; and I am waiting for a return call.
My background of private security(executive protection) should liaison well with the school resource officer.

I agree with the structure of ideas you have, sheepdog only and plain-clothed; so as not to paint yourself as the first target.

Good luck on your end; and to the others out there, HEY your only a phone call to your school away...dial it & VOLUNTEER...