• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

White House Confirms: Obama & Feinstein Looking to Ban Most Guns

nobama

This is not news to me. The anti American ruling class got what they wanted, another BIG disaster caused by some nut job with a gun. Now they have the ammo they needed to procede with their agenda. If any libtard believes that obama and biden really care about the families and kids, then I guess you still believe that obama doesnt want to ban guns. Suck on some more koolaid!!!

WalkingWolf

This is only a first step into the waters, they will come after all guns eventually. Even my blackpowder guns I hold dear, I would not be surprised if they do not outlaw lead as well to keep us from making our own components. This is not about the children, this is about them, and controlling us.

tomm1963

Obama and Dianne Feinstein can yammer all they want. John Boehner and the Republicans holds the keys to Congress, nothing happens without Congress going along with it. So the big question is- What will Congress do?

WalkingWolf

Obama and Dianne Feinstein can yammer all they want. John Boehner and the Republicans holds the keys to Congress, nothing happens without Congress going along with it. So the big question is- What will Congress do?

Most members of congress are anti gun, just like Bush and his father was. They were held in check because 2A is part of the party platform, now they have a tragedy to leave behind their constituents. Don't be surprised if they do not stab us in the back.

tomm1963

Most members of congress are anti gun, just like Bush and his father was. They were held in check because 2A is part of the party platform, now they have a tragedy to leave behind their constituents. Don't be surprised if they do not stab us in the back.

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

I wish she was still a congresswoman.

PFC HALE

if he executive orders his wishes, congress can sit back and have another vacation, they wont be able to do anything...

Thundar

Question also is: What will Obama do on his own? Remember we already have a multiple rifle reporting requirement for Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California. Not part of the law, but part of a BATFE demand letter to gun dealers. The civil rights supressionists (more accurate name for gun grabbers) will not come straight at the 2A. They will make the path to gun ownership more difficult and onerous for the seller and the buyer. They will do this not to make anybody safer, but to discourage us from exercising our God given rights.

Virginian683

Question also is: What will Obama do on his own?

It has been suggested by credible people (in GOA's last newsletter IIRC) that Obama could simply order Holder to have all handguns and semi-autos classified as "any other weapon" under the 1934 Firearms Act. That would make them equivalent to buying legally transferable machine guns -- along with all the red tape.

Then again, I have also read (on this website I believe, but some years ago) that under the text of the 1934 act that would not be possible.

I think if there is any possible way to bend the verbiage to gun-banners' needs it will be taken advantage of.

Virginian683

Also I thought I would mention this telling excerpt from the LA Times:

Timing could also become a factor. Joseph Califano, who was a special assistant to Lyndon B. Johnson, and other supporters of gun control have emphasized the need to move quickly, before the emotions of Sandy Hook fade.

"Sad but true, these things start receding from the back of peoples' minds and the urgency sometimes dissipates," Manley said. "Hopefully this is going to be different this time around."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...rol-20121220,0,1916758.story?page=2&track=rss

They are not even trying to hide that they have no facts whatever to support their position and are running purely on emotional hysteria.