• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dick’s Sporting Goods Pulls Semi-automatics as Attack Against Second Amendment

Glock 1st fan

Well it is to be expected. After all they are Dicks.

Seriously though its all knee jerk reaction. Though I am no fan of Dicks what so ever because Academy has been much better its just a sign of the times. People saw children get murdered and the media did not even let the bodies cool down before jumping on the anti gun hype. They are so in to it that other stories of firearms saving the day have been muffled.

We just have to stay strong and do our part we have to encourage safe firearm practices or else we will one day fail and we will no longer have a constitution.

docachna

Cheaper Than Dirt

CTD immediately pulled off all long guns while they "review their policies".......a friend works for a gun shop. They can see what the other shops order. He says CTD is still ordering hot and heavy. They will get ahead of any AWB, and then what they already have in the pipeline will be able to be sold at 2x-3x the price.

So, at the end of the day, this is about political correctness not nearly as much as it is the almighty dollar. :cuss:

Mixael

Forgive me for not believing, but...How can your friend (who I assume is working for a gun shop not affiliated with CTD) see what other shops are ordering? Or do they order from him? Or a million other questions, all having to do with the idea of "how in the world would it be possible for your friend to know this stuff?"

donsadlerjr

Forgive me for not believing, but...How can your friend (who I assume is working for a gun shop not affiliated with CTD) see what other shops are ordering? Or do they order from him? Or a million other questions, all having to do with the idea of "how in the world would it be possible for your friend to know this stuff?"

Wondering this myself.