Thread: Detroit News article on SB59 quoting MOC

Detroit News article on SB59 quoting MOC

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...xt|FRONTPAGE|p

"People will be looking to protect themselves because all of these mass shootings happen in pistol-free zones," said Phillip Hofmeister, president of Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Hofmeister said Snyder needs his group's support to win re-election in 2014 after signing controversial right-to-work legislation that has made him a political target of labor unions.

"We certainly feel that he's lost some of that support with the veto," Hofmeister said.
    I think it may be more then some support.
    "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

Well let's see mess with 80 + years of Union's, then mess with Open carry right's, firearm rights etc...

We'll have to see who tries to run against him. If it's someone who is a bigger anti than Snyder I'll vote him back in just to get the lesser of the two evils.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

I'm glad Snyder vetoed the OC-criminalizing SB 59. But he won't get my vote if there's a better candidate, because he is an anti-gunner.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I'm glad Snyder vetoed the OC-criminalizing SB 59. But he won't get my vote if there's a better candidate, because he is an anti-gunner.
    How ironic, this guy has a vacation home near Gun Lake in Barry County.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    We'll have to see who tries to run against him. If it's someone who is a bigger anti than Snyder I'll vote him back in just to get the lesser of the two evils.
    Schuette may run in primary.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

It has become clear to me that SB59 was an attempt to circumvent state preemption. Wasn't it the Guv who wanted the conceal only provision in it? or am I mistaken. To me , its absurd to allow concealed arms into schools so the only reason for being able to ban OC was to get around preemption. I am also glad it was vetoed only for that reason.

Schuette is no better. How 'bout you Phil??? huh? huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken56 View Post
    Schuette is no better. How 'bout you Phil??? huh? huh?
    Absolutely no interest.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

People may have disagreed with TheQ's stance (which was NOT only his... as the board concurred) but you can't refute that he's made contacts and been very active in lobbying for 2A rights. I would of course, continue to stand behind him as our leader and know he will be doing a good job at things.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    People may have disagreed with TheQ's stance (which was NOT only his... as the board concurred) but you can't refute that he's made contacts and been very active in lobbying for 2A rights. I would of course, continue to stand behind him as our leader and know he will be doing a good job at things.
    Don't think I ever stated my stance on SB 59 after it prohibited OC. I don't think I ever will either. Those close to me know MY stance/thoughts.

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."