• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit News article on SB59 quoting MOC

Hevymetal

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...slation?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

"People will be looking to protect themselves because all of these mass shootings happen in pistol-free zones," said Phillip Hofmeister, president of Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Hofmeister said Snyder needs his group's support to win re-election in 2014 after signing controversial right-to-work legislation that has made him a political target of labor unions.

"We certainly feel that he's lost some of that support with the veto," Hofmeister said.

I think it may be more then some support.

xmanhockey7

We'll have to see who tries to run against him. If it's someone who is a bigger anti than Snyder I'll vote him back in just to get the lesser of the two evils.

Ken56

It has become clear to me that SB59 was an attempt to circumvent state preemption. Wasn't it the Guv who wanted the conceal only provision in it? or am I mistaken. To me , its absurd to allow concealed arms into schools so the only reason for being able to ban OC was to get around preemption. I am also glad it was vetoed only for that reason.

HKcarrier

People may have disagreed with TheQ's stance (which was NOT only his... as the board concurred) but you can't refute that he's made contacts and been very active in lobbying for 2A rights. I would of course, continue to stand behind him as our leader and know he will be doing a good job at things.

TheQ

People may have disagreed with TheQ's stance (which was NOT only his... as the board concurred) but you can't refute that he's made contacts and been very active in lobbying for 2A rights. I would of course, continue to stand behind him as our leader and know he will be doing a good job at things.

Don't think I ever stated my stance on SB 59 after it prohibited OC. I don't think I ever will either. Those close to me know MY stance/thoughts.