Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is now time to cover up for a while?

Is now time to cover up for a while?

As we all know we have now had two very significant shooting in the course of about a week. While watching the news, reading the newspaper or just about any other media you can entertain yourself with it is obvious every gun own in American is being blamed. Given the current hype of emotion fueled by the media do you think it is better for us to cover up for a few weeks rather than possibly continue to fan the flames?
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

No way.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

This never really crossed my mind until I was driving out to the OC dinner in Paw Paw. We had no issues out there though and I have not OCed anywhere since. Because I don't have a Michigan CPL I will continue to OC wherever legal.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    No way.
    ....... ^^^^ what he said

We are our best advertising. Go about your business as you would any other day. Nothing has changed. This will happen again, you know it will. We must encourage others to stand with us against the badguys. Whether they be sick people with a vengeance or a gangbanger in the ally. Do not be ashamed of what you are.
    Again, stand strong, encourage others. The 2A sentiment is strong in this Country. Do not let a vocal few destroy what is our last defense. I have said before, Citizenship is a Verb. Be the Good Guy, the Armed Law Abiding Citizen. Be the person your Dog thinks you are.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Anti gunners are metaphorically drenched in the blood of those children and teachers.

It is crucial to remember here that despite the media and government lubing us up to rape our rights by running non stop propaganda, WE HAVE THE MORAL HIGH GROUND!

This bull **** is the fault of a defunded mental health system, and anti gunners successfully keeping our nations children defenseless.

This is a crucial time to be noisy, real noisy, about why our rights exist. This is NOT a time to bow your head in shame like this is somehow our fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    This is a crucial time to be noisy, real noisy, about why our rights exist. This is NOT a time to bow your head in shame like this is somehow our fault.
    Define real noisy. I definitely think we should go about our daily business OCing as usual, though, and NOT refrain from it simply because of the CT school shooting.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    No way.
    Ditto
    "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Define real noisy. I definitely think we should go about our daily business OCing as usual, though, and NOT refrain from it simply because of the CT school shooting.

By noisy I mean calling and emailing politicians, doing events which will garner press coverage, starting chain emails, and otherwise disseminating information as aggressively as possible, perhaps by printing off fact sheets and passing them out.

Going on about our daily lives while the government and media are joining forces to control the populations minds into thinking that we "need" gun bans, I do not suggest that as a viable strategy. We here have extensive experience dealing with the gun rights issue. This is a crucial time to put it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    By noisy I mean calling and emailing politicians, doing events which will garner press coverage, starting chain emails, and otherwise disseminating information as aggressively as possible, perhaps by printing off fact sheets and passing them out.
    Okay, because I have been reading of other things. One gun board in another state has someone advocating armed long gun open carry marches. Just wondering what you meant.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Okay, because I have been reading of other things. One gun board in another state has someone advocating armed long gun open carry marches. Just wondering what you meant.
    Long guns could come into play if done very carefully and the situation dictates it to be prudent, but it would obviously have to be organized through other means than this forum.

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    If a 100 car pile up happend on the expressway would you park your car for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by quarter horseman View Post
    If a 100 car pile up happend on the expressway would you park your car for a while?
    Could that be the quote of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by quarter horseman View Post
    No, you would just detour around the pile-up. Life, work, and personal business doesn't stop. I don't get your point, if there is a point in there.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    No, you would just detour around the pile-up. Life, work, and personal business doesn't stop. I don't get your point, if there is a point in there.
    Then you are quite obtuse... His point is such a crash is similar to a mass shooting in numbers of injured and killed. However we don't ban cars even if it was deliberately caused.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    Then you are quite obtuse... His point is such a crash is similar to a mass shooting in numbers of injured and killed. However we don't ban cars even if it was deliberately caused.
    I agree, it was obvious what was meant by the post.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    Thank you for clarifying. I do have trouble sometimes with knowing where an author is going with an open-ended rhetorical question.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Re: Is now time to cover up for a while?

I agree with what I think the general voice here is. Now is the perfect time for us to stand our ground, be a example and go about our daily life's. I am still waiting on my CPL and it will be easier to OC after I have it but I think there is a lot of good we can all do in our daily life's to prove we are not the bad guys. Just thought this thread might make for a interesting conversation
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    I agree, it was obvious what was meant by the post.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Lightbulb

I would not cover up or quit wearing black clothes(don't have any),BDU's etc.! Thats what you call being PC(giving up Freedom&Liberty) so as not to hurt anyones "feelings(insanity-paranoia etc.)" ! Common Sense IS that Simple! Proven by the K.I.S.S method Daily(since mans beginings/thousands of years)!! CARRY ON FREE MEN!!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Covering up is supporting being unarmed.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I think it's the perfect time to support OC more than usual. Especially with the whole "End of the world" crap tomorrow. People are going to be doing stupid things. A kit at my little sisters school told a bunch of kids he was bringing a gun to school for the end of the world. Yeah...not cool.

I'll be out all day xmas shopping, a massacre is a reminder of why I carry a gun everywhere. If someone is thinking about doing the same while I'm out, hopefully they'll see the OC and think twice.

Thats just my thought.I'm sure OCers will be getting hassled a lot more the next few weeks though, until this dies down.

Quote Originally Posted by BoiledFrogs View Post
    My kid isnt going to school tomorrow, end of argument.
    That's what I told my sister. I said you're staying home and if my dad has a problem with it he can take it up with me.

None of it matters. World ends in 4 hours
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Lightbulb AZCDL nails it! Nothing like calling it like it is...

http://constitutionclub.org/2012/12/...hook-shooting/

Snip -

We need to stop pretending that doing “something” will solve the problem, and start focusing on doing the right thing. We don’t hang little plastic signs on policemen that say “No crimes allowed”. We give them badges and guns, and teach them how to deal with bad guys. Why should we do any less for the people that we entrust our precious children to nearly every day?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast