• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is now time to cover up for a while?

fire suppressor

As we all know we have now had two very significant shooting in the course of about a week. While watching the news, reading the newspaper or just about any other media you can entertain yourself with it is obvious every gun own in American is being blamed. Given the current hype of emotion fueled by the media do you think it is better for us to cover up for a few weeks rather than possibly continue to fan the flames?

xmanhockey7

This never really crossed my mind until I was driving out to the OC dinner in Paw Paw. We had no issues out there though and I have not OCed anywhere since. Because I don't have a Michigan CPL I will continue to OC wherever legal.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
We are our best advertising. Go about your business as you would any other day. Nothing has changed. This will happen again, you know it will. We must encourage others to stand with us against the badguys. Whether they be sick people with a vengeance or a gangbanger in the ally. Do not be ashamed of what you are.
Again, stand strong, encourage others. The 2A sentiment is strong in this Country. Do not let a vocal few destroy what is our last defense. I have said before, Citizenship is a Verb. Be the Good Guy, the Armed Law Abiding Citizen. Be the person your Dog thinks you are.

Michigander

Anti gunners are metaphorically drenched in the blood of those children and teachers.

It is crucial to remember here that despite the media and government lubing us up to rape our rights by running non stop propaganda, WE HAVE THE MORAL HIGH GROUND!

This bull **** is the fault of a defunded mental health system, and anti gunners successfully keeping our nations children defenseless.

This is a crucial time to be noisy, real noisy, about why our rights exist. This is NOT a time to bow your head in shame like this is somehow our fault.

griffin

This is a crucial time to be noisy, real noisy, about why our rights exist. This is NOT a time to bow your head in shame like this is somehow our fault.

Define real noisy. I definitely think we should go about our daily business OCing as usual, though, and NOT refrain from it simply because of the CT school shooting.

Michigander

Define real noisy. I definitely think we should go about our daily business OCing as usual, though, and NOT refrain from it simply because of the CT school shooting.

By noisy I mean calling and emailing politicians, doing events which will garner press coverage, starting chain emails, and otherwise disseminating information as aggressively as possible, perhaps by printing off fact sheets and passing them out.

Going on about our daily lives while the government and media are joining forces to control the populations minds into thinking that we "need" gun bans, I do not suggest that as a viable strategy. We here have extensive experience dealing with the gun rights issue. This is a crucial time to put it to work.

griffin

By noisy I mean calling and emailing politicians, doing events which will garner press coverage, starting chain emails, and otherwise disseminating information as aggressively as possible, perhaps by printing off fact sheets and passing them out.

Okay, because I have been reading of other things. One gun board in another state has someone advocating armed long gun open carry marches. Just wondering what you meant.

Michigander

Okay, because I have been reading of other things. One gun board in another state has someone advocating armed long gun open carry marches. Just wondering what you meant.

Long guns could come into play if done very carefully and the situation dictates it to be prudent, but it would obviously have to be organized through other means than this forum.

autosurgeon

No, you would just detour around the pile-up. Life, work, and personal business doesn't stop. I don't get your point, if there is a point in there.

Then you are quite obtuse... His point is such a crash is similar to a mass shooting in numbers of injured and killed. However we don't ban cars even if it was deliberately caused.

DanM

Then you are quite obtuse... His point is such a crash is similar to a mass shooting in numbers of injured and killed. However we don't ban cars even if it was deliberately caused.

Thank you for clarifying. I do have trouble sometimes with knowing where an author is going with an open-ended rhetorical question.

fire suppressor

I agree with what I think the general voice here is. Now is the perfect time for us to stand our ground, be a example and go about our daily life's. I am still waiting on my CPL and it will be easier to OC after I have it but I think there is a lot of good we can all do in our daily life's to prove we are not the bad guys. Just thought this thread might make for a interesting conversation

Haman J.T.

I would not cover up or quit wearing black clothes(don't have any),BDU's etc.! Thats what you call being PC(giving up Freedom&Liberty) so as not to hurt anyones "feelings(insanity-paranoia etc.)" ! Common Sense IS that Simple! Proven by the K.I.S.S method Daily(since mans beginings/thousands of years)!! CARRY ON FREE MEN!!