• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two top firearms retailers suspend sales of guns.

28kfps

Cheaper than dirt is a top retailer???

Kind of what I was thinking.

I have purchase a few items from cheaper than dirt however always thought they were a swindler with their very expensive shipping. No longer will buy from them again. Going to e-mail them tonight and tell them to permanently remove my name from their mailer list.
These Dumb a$$ retailers want to show support for the tragedy why not come out with a statement of a heart felt sorry four the loss and we will continue to with every effort to support safe gun sporting activities. Or words to that affect.

What a cop out, cave in, and submissive move with total disregard to their customers.

28kfps

Just received this e-mail. Doesn’t matter to me I am done with them and will let them know tonight.

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

Last edited:

HP995

Dirt made a big mistake. Too bad when people cave in to nonsense without any backbone. Ditto for Dicks. Two stores with appropriate names in the end, huh?

Buds, Cabela's, Impact...still going strong last time I checked! I thought Buds had caved too a day ago but actually I guess their server or company resources just got overloaded.

BTW, do NOT believe anything you read from the media unless you run it through BS, ignorance, bias, and fact check...I saw something about Walmart taking down black guns as part of a liberal news article, but actually WM's site has always been messed up. They list some of their tac rifles under "handguns" section! :) And their search doesn't always work either, so it can be hard to tell what they have. They may have stopped carrying Bushmaster (which would be very dumb) but they still have other Ar's and Sigs up online at the moment.

Of course it's totally nonsense to blame Bushmaster...if I get an AR it will DEFINITELY be that brand. That would be like blaming the type of car a shooter drove to the scene or the brand of cereal he ate for breakfast. Hope people will buy Bushmaster so the company will not suffer as a scapegoat of the liberals and media.

WalkingWolf

Walmart does some strange things with their site. We bought a tv from them recently that they had in stock in the store, but could only be bought online, and then picked up in the store. I am still trying to make sense of that, the girl at layaway who retrieved the item for us was shocked herself, at what we payed, and the fact it was not a floor item. Running into the same thing with a grill cast iron pan, the item is in the store but not on the shelf, I have to buy online and then pick it up.

Yard Sale

"We sold out of our stock and our distributors can't get us any more for weeks. So we're going to play along and say we're suspending sales for the children. Until our distributors can re-stock us."

jdholmes

I have found info-wars to post misinformation in the past - thus I take anything posted from them with a large grain of salt. All this is going will fade off into the sunset within a few weeks...it always does. Not that we shouldn't be ready for the day it doesn't fade off...just saying...that's my opinion on it all.

john-in-reno

I have found info-wars to post misinformation in the past - thus I take anything posted from them with a large grain of salt.

Awwww Man you burst my bubble, I thought everything was true, I heard they cant put anything in the internet that is not true, that what I heard on the internet! :banana::lol: