• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2013 State Session

conandan

Too bad. Now is actually the time to go on the offensive to expose the neocons. Somebody submits an amendment to a bill on the floor deleting "briefly" and when/if it fails the NRA goes after the republicons who voted no.

Its been my understanding that the NRA are not big supporters of open carry. They only seem to support it when it is in there best interest to do so. And even if a bill gets some traction the Florida sheriff's association would get in the way agian.But i do agree put it up for a vote and then work on getting those who vote against it voted out.

77zach

Its been my understanding that the NRA are not big supporters of open carry. They only seem to support it when it is in there best interest to do so. And even if a bill gets some traction the Florida sheriff's association would get in the way again.But i do agree put it up for a vote and then work on getting those who vote against it voted out.

I think it's Marion Hammer's position that no one cares about open carry in Fl. If that's true, it's only because most people have never thought of it, it's not on their radar...because it's illegal, and the boob tube reinforces that surely such behavior is illegal nationwide. Gun rights are still icky dirty things that we can't have out in the open. This is a civil rights issue and we are victims of discrimination. Also, CCers will continue to have to be paranoid about staying concealed.

I wonder who is going to fill her shoes when she's off the scene. Maybe it won't matter. More blacks and Hispanics in Florida=a bluer state=more tyranny. Gun rights may go extinct in Fl. Even this session not one pro-gun bill has been filed yet. There are countless anti-rights bills.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate

If this rank media propaganda can halt progress this easily, we're screwed.

Last edited by a moderator:

conandan

There is no question we have a hard road to travel. With all the libs and progressives flooding our state I fear more than just our guns rights will be lost.

77zach

conandan

sean39-2

Its been my understanding that the NRA are not big supporters of open carry. They only seem to support it when it is in there best interest to do so. And even if a bill gets some traction the Florida sheriff's association would get in the way agian.But i do agree put it up for a vote and then work on getting those who vote against it voted out.

Hi, I was wondering what can I do to help get this noticed sign something, go to a meeting. I would like to do anything I can to look out for my rights and to help a cause I believe in.

77zach

Here is a bill to make exercising our constitutionally protected rights more expensive.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate

Interesting....pointing out relevant historical truths/ironies is now deemed "inappropriate" by OCDO?

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2013/1234

Also, shame on all these neocons for not introducing a real school safety bill. We know "men" like Senator Thrasher are funded by people who want us disarmed at schools. Now that's integrity. The Demoncrats (sic) have filed several bills that will not do anything to stop a mass shooter, by design. I wonder if their committee meetings are protected by armed security? To ask the question is to answer it.

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Inquiry: If this passed, could you theoretically still be charged under 790.053 for a threatening display, "not in necessary self-defense"?

"(b) For the purposes of this section, the term "defensive display of a firearm or weapon" does not include the mere carrying of a firearm or weapon in any manner not prohibited by law."

We're going to make it clear that once OC is legalized, the prosecutors and police will not be able to claim unlawful display, breach of peace, etc...

spacecoast321

Marion Hammer quote - open carrying of firearms in Florida during the 2013 session

We're going to make it clear that once OC is legalized, the prosecutors and police will not be able to claim unlawful display, breach of peace, etc...

http://folioweekly.com/Guns-Under-Cover,1930 - Guns Under Cover
Skip the mainstream press standard guilt by association cr*p in the beginning of the article :banghead: and find this, "Marion Hammer, executive director of the NRA’s state lobbying organization, United Sportsmen of Florida, has said the NRA will seek to pass a bill legalizing the open carrying of firearms in Florida during the 2013 legislative session. Hammer wants a law that allows concealed permit owners to carry their guns openly."

Hopefully she knows something we do not. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

ps (what a biased crap article, picked it up for free while visiting St. Augustine. I paid too much for it!)

77zach

Skip the mainstream press standard guilt by association cr*p in the beginning of the article :banghead: and find this, "Marion Hammer, executive director of the NRA’s state lobbying organization, United Sportsmen of Florida, has said the NRA will seek to pass a bill legalizing the open carrying of firearms in Florida during the 2013 legislative session. Hammer wants a law that allows concealed permit owners to carry their guns openly."

ps (what a biased crap article, picked it up for free while visiting St. Augustine. I paid too much for it!)

If there were to be a bill, it apparently has to be on the Fl senate or House website by tomorrow night 3/5/2013. If there is a related gun bill, there is the possibility of an amendment deleting "briefly" at a much later date. But yeah, don't get your hopes up. My zeal for OC wanes in the winter but I'll be ticked off afresh when the heat kicks in again...which will be this weekend, lol

Last edited:

77zach

Gun Bans Introduced by Demoncrats

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2013/1670

This bill would outlaw standard capacity magazines and modern rifles. The loving government would be exempt, of course.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2013/1640

This bill would outlaw private personal property transactions, which personal private property you have a constitutionally protected right to.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2013/1678

This bill would require participation in an "anger management" class before you could purchase ammunition.

These demoncrats are psychotic. It would take a psycho to even think of stuff like this. They are projecting out of the abundance of their own heart.

I suggest a bill to make the introduction of "gun control" bills a capital offense.

Last edited:

rvrctyrngr

That article was written well before the massacre at Sandy Hook and the following dust-up over 'gun control'.

There is no OC bill this session...couldn't find sponsors.

77zach

Slippery Slope legislation

From GOA:

"Florida House Continues to Play Footsie with Instant Check System

With 150,000 veterans having lost their Second Amendment rights under the Veterans Disarmament Act, you would have thought that the Florida legislature would have been a little more circumspect about taking away constitutional rights without due process – based only on the opinion of a “shrink.”

But no.

House Bill 1355 has been introduced in the Florida House and is currently in the House Criminal Justice Subcommittee.

Current law provides that an individual is not deemed to have been “committed to a mental institution,” for purposes of losing his rights, if the person was in the mental institution “for observation or discharged from a mental institution based upon the initial review by the physician or a voluntary admission to mental institution…”

House Bill 1355 would take away the gun rights of someone voluntarily admitted to a mental institution (though under coercion and pursuant to an involuntary examination) if the “examining physician found that the person is an imminent danger to himself or herself or others.”

This is how we got into the problem with 150,000 veterans. It is a slippery slope that we should not continue to slide down.

ACTION: Contact your state Representative. Ask him to oppose House Bill 1355."

Remember, "background checks" do nothing to stop criminals. Their purpose is to make you believe that a right is a privilege. If you can't be trusted with a gun, you can't be trusted without a custodian and should be locked up already.

Talesman

These now alleged 'mental defectives' lose a lot more than their right to be armed for personal or familial self-defense.

According to FS 97.041 Qualifications to register or vote.—

(2) The following persons, who might be otherwise
qualified, are not entitled to register or vote:
(a) A person who has been adjudicated mentally
incapacitated with respect to voting in this or any other
state and who has not had his or her right to vote
restored pursuant to law.
(b) A person who has been convicted of any felony
by any court of record and who has not had his or her
right to vote restored pursuant to law.

77zach

Gun control bill passes House committee

HB 1355 cleared its first committee hurdle 13-0. And the NRA is all for it, apparently. Thanks guys.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
HB 1355 cleared its first committee hurdle 13-0. And the NRA is all for it, apparently. Thanks guys.

There was a strike all amendment, we're still trying to add more due process protections and a better method for restoration of rights.