• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My experience at our local gun store this morning

MNMGoneShooting

SSG Tactical in Fredericksburg VA:

11am opening, line at the door.

Got in and it was a feeding frenzy. Rifles were flying off the shelf. Couples purchasing multiple rifles. I got one of two AK47 left in the store. I got in at 11:01 and said I will buy it about 15 mins later, and I was still in line behind 7 background checks.

I was happy to find 5.56 ammo which you can't seem to find online (unless you want to pay $1/round) at the moment and was still priced as it has been for the last few months.

Magazines were still in good supply, but everyone was grabbing handfuls of the AR15 30rds.

The poor store owner looked whooped and this was the first hour. Phone would not stop ringing.

This was before Obama's appointment of Biden.

Funny note: an officer was there and a call came out for assault with a broom. The officer commented that now they'll ban brooms and everyone will swarm for those.

Wyldhog

I was going to buy a few more AR15 magazines online but every site I went to was either sold out or wanted 50 buck a piece for them. Good thing I already have a nice supply of them anyway.

eye95

We are out of P-Mags, 5.56 ammo (folks were buying it by the case), .223 ammo (except for a handful of Zombie boxes), AR15s, M4s, and most clones. It was impossible to take lunch. Finally I said, I don't care how many people we have waiting, you, take 30! We turned folks away near closing telling them we'd never get to their NICS.

protias

I am having trouble finding ammo and pmags online. Obama has people scared of what is going to happen and I fear the worse is in fact going to happen.

paramedic70002

Bushmaster sales going through the roof and their parent company is being sloughed off by an investment firm, because a teachers union in Cali doesn't want nice retirement profits from guns. The world is going crazy.