• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assault Weapon Ban List From Examiner.com

How many of these guns do you own

• Zero

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • One

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Two

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Three

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Four

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Five or More

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thundar

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):

M1 Carbine

Sturm Ruger Mini-14

AR-15

Bushmaster XM15

Armalite M15

AR-10

Thompson 1927

Thompson M1

AK

AKM

AKS

AK-47

AK-74

ARM

MAK90

NHM 90

NHM 91

SA 85

SA 93

VEPR

Olympic Arms PCR

AR70

Calico Liberty

Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or DragunovSVU

Fabrique National FN/FAL

FN/LAR, or FNC

Hi-Point20Carbine

HK-91, HK-93

HK-94

HK-PSG-1

Thompson 1927 Commando

Kel-Tec Sub Rifle

Saiga

SAR-8

SAR-4800

SKS with detachable magazine

SLG 95

SLR 95 or 96

Steyr AU

Tavor

Uzi

Galil and Uzi Sporter

Galil Sporter or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz)

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):

Calico M-110

MAC-10

MAC-11

MPA3

Olympic Arms OA

TEC-9,

TEC-DC9,

TEC-22 Scorpion or AB-10

Uzi

Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):

Armscor 30 BG

SPAS 12 or LAW 12

Striker 12

Streetsweeper

Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):

A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,

(ii) a threaded barrel,

(iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below),

(iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than

10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).

A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has:

(i) a second pistol grip,

(ii) a threaded barrel,

(iii) a barrel shroud or

(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and

(v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

A semiautomatic shotgun with:

(i) a folding or telescoping stock,

(ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),

(iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and

(iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
This is so ignorant! They are looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist (most of them just want to have total control, I know). Rifles are used in less than 3% of gun-related crime, yet they just have to ban them to save lives, blah, blah. This is completely unfounded and useless. They will do anything to oppress the people and their rights, starting with banning all types of firearms that are RARELY used to commit crimes! They can ban everything from civillian possession, but criminals will still find ways to get ANYTHING they want!

Drugs are illegal, and they sure do a good job of keeping those out of our hands huh? Under-age drinking is illegal, but we sure have a problem with under-age drinking huh? Carrying a firearm into K-12 schools is illegal, but it sure didn't stop the insidious bastard that killed all of those precious children huh?

This wouldn't be a temporary ban like last time, but it will be permanent, atleast until we could have it rescinded (how often is oppressive legislation rescinded at the federal level?) which would likely never happen!

The anti-gunners should be ashamed of themselves and they should be kicking themselves in the as* for fighting for legislation that effectively killed 20 children! The FGFSZ combined with CT State law turned these helpless children into guaranteed victims and nothing more! It did nothing to prevent their deaths, and did everything to help accomplish them for the sick murderer! Nobody armed = defenseless targets!

Last edited:

Beowulf

I guess that it is time to dust off the old flintlock or matchlock guns and to practice your muzzle-loading skills. Because thats what it looks like it is going to come down to. I find it somewhat ironically amusing that some guns like the hi-point carbine which were originally developed to be legal under the 1994 federal assault weapons ban are specifically listed to be banned on this new list. :cuss:

HankT

State Researcher
Not actually

This is so ignorant! They are looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist (most of them just want to have total control, I know). Rifles are used in less than 3% of gun-related crime, yet they just have to ban them to save lives, blah, blah. This is completely unfounded and useless. They will do anything to oppress the people and their rights, starting with banning all types of firearms that are RARELY used to commit crimes! They can ban everything from civillian possession, but criminals will still find ways to get ANYTHING they want!

!
They are not actually going to ban the evil-type rifles. They are going to ban NEW evil rifles. And we will be able to keep our old ones.

That' s my understanding.

I think we're going to end up with a 1994 AWB -like law. Unless, that is, the NRA/GOA can save us. My hunch is they can't save us this time.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
They are not actually going to ban the evil-type rifles. They are going to ban NEW evil rifles. And we will be able to keep our old ones.

That' s my understanding.

Unless, that is, the NRA/GOA can save us. My hunch is they can't save us this time.

I am aware of this.

There is no such thing as an "evil" firearm. They are inanimate objects. They do nothing until an individual makes them; they only do "evil" things when an "evil" individual makes them.

HankT

State Researcher
I am aware of this.

There is no such thing as an "evil" firearm. They are inanimate objects. They do nothing until an individual makes them; they only do "evil" things when an "evil" individual makes them.

Sorry. I meant, "evil-type."

Evil-type rifles.

Millions of those. I own a few myself.

Lasjayhawk

I lost all my guns in a boating accident. Sucks. :cry:

Wow, I'm about to lose all the guns I buy in the next month in a boating accident! Small World. :lol:

What is the issue with the folding stock? Does it make the bullets evil or something?