Thread: Just got a email from cheaper than dirtChange if heart?

Just got a email from cheaper than dirtChange if heart?

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales

Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

THIS IS A COMPLETE CUT AND PASTE FROM THE EMAIL.
    Last edited by zack991; 12-19-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Campaign Veteran
    I don't believe them. As soon as I read here that they pulled their guns, I immediately cancelled my subscription to receive e-mails (catalog, sales, etc.) from them...maybe they got a whole bunch of cancellations which made them "re-evaluate," but who knows.

Whatever, sounds like they've entered the "Spin Zone" on why they reacted as they did -- I'm not convinced.
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 12-19-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    I don't believe them. As soon as I read here that they pulled their guns, I immediately cancelled my subscription to receive e-mails (catalog, sales, etc.) from them...maybe they got a whole bunch of cancellations which made them "re-evaluate," but who knows.

Whatever, sounds like they've entered the "Spin Zone" on why they reacted as they did -- I'm not convinced.
    Same.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales

Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."
    [/B]
    Odd. Why would CTD! Have to review its suspend shipments to review its procedures?

Sounds like doublespeak.

I see no issue with this..... Really

so 27 people get killed and a gun business decides to suspend for a couple of days as a business move. It's not like a gun selling business has extreme ideology against guns, probably either the Chief Executive felt terrible or wanted to see what law-makers were going to do.

This kind of thing happens all the time in the business world. Nothing to be angry over

and I'm not.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I've been a customer of theirs for awhile, but no longer. I took the time to email them directly asking what was going on and received a response stating that, and I quote, " Firearms should be portrayed as a fun sport, something the whole family can enjoy. We want to change and make sure all of our promotions show it in this light."

Sorry, but that's pure BS. For a company that was posting pro-2A pictures and recommending guns for "home defense" on their Facebook page a week ago and then to make a crap PC statement like that is nothing but cowardice. They refused to respond when I inquired about the apparent contradiction. I can post the emails if anyone wants to see the one-sided conversation.

My bet is that CTD just stopped selling more than firearms... they just don't know it yet.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand