Thread: A little light Obama day shopping

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

A little light Obama day shopping

I was OCing.....

Hold on to your hats, I bought a Glock 17 and 8 - 33 round mags...and it's a 9mm I wanted the highest capacity possible for an investment)'

I also bought an M1A SOCOM. It needed a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I was OCing.....

Hold on to your hats, I bought a Glock 17 and 8 - 33 round mags...and it's a 9mm I wanted the highest capacity possible for an investment)'

Thats the nice thing about bigger handguns, you can open carry and not worry about concealing it.
    My LGS sold about 12 handguns overnight, 2 glock 17's and 1 or 2 22's. Most magazines are gone, only two AR's left.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Thats the nice thing about bigger handguns, you can open carry and not worry about concealing it.
    My LGS sold about 12 handguns overnight, 2 glock 17's and 1 or 2 22's. Most magazines are gone, only two AR's left.
    I'll never fire or carry the Glock. I hate the things, especially in 9mm.
    If Obama drives the price up, I'll sell it and make a profit, if not...It'll just sit in the safe uglying the place up.

This is my EDC in 460 Rowland
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm keeping the SOCOM though!
    Last edited by peter nap; 12-19-2012 at 07:54 PM.

I'll never fire or carry the Glock. I hate the things, especially in 9mm.
    If Obama drives the price up, I'll sell it and make a profit, if not...It'll just sit in the safe uglying the place up.

This is my EDC in 460 Rowland
    [[
    I'm keeping the SOCOM though!
    LOL! It be better to OC it :-) full size duty pistols are nice.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

I was OCing.....

I almost fell out of my chair. Who bought a Glock IN 9MM, no less?

Then I remembered we are about to have alot of inconvenient for the antis "boating accidents",

But really Peter, theat M1A SOCOM is too beautiful to loose in a tragic boating accident.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

use double ear protection

I like the M1A platform but those short barreled SOCOMs are LOUD! Had a few on our Appleseed lines and we always had to move them to the extreme end of the line. Between blast and muzzle flash they become quite noticable. The M1s were darn near quiet in comarison.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    I like the M1A platform but those short barreled SOCOMs are LOUD! Had a few on our Appleseed lines and we always had to move them to the extreme end of the line. Between blast and muzzle flash they become quite noticable. The M1s were darn near quiet in comarison.
    The loud is just a byproduct of the Flash Wolfhound, and the muzzle flash is what' gives them their great killing power.

Most people think the bullet is the working component and that's why they have such poor results with those quiet guns.

The bullet is only intended to open the skin so the fire from the flash can get in. In the case of the SOCOM's, the loud report tends to compress the muzzle flash so you get an extremely dense stream of plasma, much like volcanic lava, entering the body.

Basic Nap Ballistics 101

Ah!

I stand enlightened! And deafened and blinded!
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org