• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little light Obama day shopping

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was OCing.....

Hold on to your hats, I bought a Glock 17:eek: and 8 - 33 round mags...and it's a 9mm :uhoh: I wanted the highest capacity possible for an investment)'

I also bought an M1A SOCOM. It needed a good home.
694041_L1

ocholsteroc

I was OCing.....

Hold on to your hats, I bought a Glock 17:eek: and 8 - 33 round mags...and it's a 9mm :uhoh: I wanted the highest capacity possible for an investment)'

694041_L1

Thats the nice thing about bigger handguns, you can open carry and not worry about concealing it.
My LGS sold about 12 handguns overnight, 2 glock 17's and 1 or 2 22's. Most magazines are gone, only two AR's left. :(

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thats the nice thing about bigger handguns, you can open carry and not worry about concealing it.
My LGS sold about 12 handguns overnight, 2 glock 17's and 1 or 2 22's. Most magazines are gone, only two AR's left. :(

I'll never fire or carry the Glock. I hate the things, especially in 9mm.
If Obama drives the price up, I'll sell it and make a profit, if not...It'll just sit in the safe uglying the place up.

This is my EDC in 460 Rowland
rowland.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm keeping the SOCOM though!:cool:

Last edited:

Thundar

I was OCing.....

694041_L1

I almost fell out of my chair. Who bought a Glock IN 9MM, no less?

Then I remembered we are about to have alot of inconvenient for the antis "boating accidents",

But really Peter, theat M1A SOCOM is too beautiful to loose in a tragic boating accident.

The Wolfhound

use double ear protection

I like the M1A platform but those short barreled SOCOMs are LOUD! Had a few on our Appleseed lines and we always had to move them to the extreme end of the line. Between blast and muzzle flash they become quite noticable. The M1s were darn near quiet in comarison.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I like the M1A platform but those short barreled SOCOMs are LOUD! Had a few on our Appleseed lines and we always had to move them to the extreme end of the line. Between blast and muzzle flash they become quite noticable. The M1s were darn near quiet in comarison.

The loud is just a byproduct of the Flash Wolfhound, and the muzzle flash is what' gives them their great killing power.

Most people think the bullet is the working component and that's why they have such poor results with those quiet guns.

The bullet is only intended to open the skin so the fire from the flash can get in. In the case of the SOCOM's, the loud report tends to compress the muzzle flash so you get an extremely dense stream of plasma, much like volcanic lava, entering the body.

Basic Nap Ballistics 101