Thread: I bought an AR--for investment value

Banned

I bought an AR--for investment value

I don't really need or want one. But I now have one.

They are getting harder and harder to get. Our suppliers will only be able to give us a few each week. We had another mob at the counter trying to get the last few ARs, M4s, and clones. All we have left are super-high-end clones, like $3000 SCARs. If I don't like the one I bought, I figure I can take it to a gun show and make a tidy little profit as demand skyrockets and availability dwindles.

Dick, you're an idiot. Ship all of your "assault rifles" to my store. We'll sell them. And we won't even price gouge.

Oh, and it was another record day behind the gun counter. Wednesday is usually our quietest day. Not today.

Politicians are almost as stupid as Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Snip

Fixed it for ya
    Last edited by georg jetson; 12-19-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    Fixed it for ya
    Some people don't know Dick!
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

I bought an AR--for investment value

Dick?

Banned
    They are referring to my mention of Dick's Sporting Goods.

Anyway, no comment on the purchase of ARs as an investment?

AR prices seem to rise and fall with the tides. Short term, an AR may be a good investment. And, in the extreme long term I think it could be a winning investment for somebody. Anywhere in the middle, in NIB condition, you should at least break even. So, yeah - depending how long you can sit on one (and a myriad of economic/political variables), I don't see the AR as a bad investment. If I had the money to burn, I'd probably own a half-dozen myself. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

"Black rifles" are not the only option. There are other sporting rifles available to fulfill the requirements of the sport shooting enthusiast.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Well, Yes...

I don't really need or want one. But I now have one.

They are getting harder and harder to get. Our suppliers will only be able to give us a few each week. We had another mob at the counter trying to get the last few ARs, M4s, and clones. All we have left are super-high-end clones, like $3000 SCARs. If I don't like the one I bought, I figure I can take it to a gun show and make a tidy little profit as demand skyrockets and availability dwindles.

Dick, you're an idiot. Ship all of your "assault rifles" to my store. We'll sell them. And we won't even price gouge.

Oh, and it was another record day behind the gun counter. Wednesday is usually our quietest day. Not today.

I do wonder about the accessories, the set up, options and the price???
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I bought my S&W M&P 15 about a month or so ago in anticipation that it would take one spark to set off the powder keg regarding gun control. I could probably sell mine for a sizable profit but I have no intention of doing so. I would like to get something like the M1A as those are still largely in stock depending on where you go, but they are very pricey. My only concern is that I can't get the accessories I need like mags and ammo - with the recent surge those commodities are nowhere to be found; and I will be boycotting Dick's Sporting Goods and Cheaper Than Dirt since they took their firearms off the shelves.
    Last edited by acmariner99; 12-20-2012 at 11:04 AM.

It is only a good investment if you sell it for a profit.

If you don't sell or don't sell it at a profit it is not a very good investment.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    It is only a good investment if you sell it for a profit.

If you don't sell or don't sell it at a profit it is not a very good investment.
    At a PROFIT, you say? What a unique concept... I'll bet he never thought of that! Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

That's what I tell my wife too! I bought this lovely AR for it's investment value and for the value to rise, it must be broken in first!

Oh... Wait a tic... I don't missus. *GASP!* I don't even have a rifle! *runs away crying*

*turns around, runs back in and kicks the first person he sees in the shin* Name:  019.gif
Views: 92
Size:  419 Bytes

*turns around and runs away again, flailing his arms about*

I bought an AK last month and received my extra mags today and plan to keep them all! I will never sell any guns that I own.