Thread: Waiting to go to the gun board

Waiting to go to the gun board

As some of you probably know I have only been in Michigan for a few months but I have made getting my Michigan CPL a priority. There is absolutely nothing more important too me than my second amendment rights and my ability to defend myself. I can only claim residency in Michigan for three months and I did not want to have to wait for the required six months to pass. I was excited when I learned the gun board "may" waive the six month period for people who have a CPL for another state.

Having two CPL's from other states and being on my second Washington resident CPL I felt like my odds would be decent. I took my CPL class on December 9th, got all of my paperwork, fingerprinting and fees taken care of including registering my handguns and I am just waiting on the gun board. I was told because I have already had a CPL in the past the gun board could just mail me my new CPL but most likely they will call me in. Being from a state with a much different process the Michigan way can be a little intimidating. I do not feel having to go before the gun board is constitutional but not having a choice I will jump through as many hoops as I have too
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Question Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BoiledFrogs View Post
    Good luck, and you're right, gun boards are unconstitutional.

Just tell them you have been OCing everywhere legal, but you would prefer to get your CPL so that you can start CCing like normal people do.
    Dude guess I'm %50 abnormal being that I OC atleast one pistol & CC atleast one at all times?

@OP

Gun boards are just another goofy MI gun law "feature". If you are lucky and do not live in Wayne Co (aka WACO) you should be just fine.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Dude guess I'm %50 abnormal being that I OC atleast one pistol & CC atleast one at all times?
    He was suggesting using the threat of OC to push the gun board to waive the six month residency restriction.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

My brother did that successfully. I believe he said something along the lines of "well I guess I will just have to OC"
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    He was suggesting using the threat of OC to push the gun board to waive the six month residency restriction.
    Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    My brother did that successfully. I believe he said something along the lines of "well I guess I will just have to OC"
    Ahh thanks guys. Makes sense. Hey if OC gets a gun board to issue a CPL so be it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi