• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waiting to go to the gun board

fire suppressor

As some of you probably know I have only been in Michigan for a few months but I have made getting my Michigan CPL a priority. There is absolutely nothing more important too me than my second amendment rights and my ability to defend myself. I can only claim residency in Michigan for three months and I did not want to have to wait for the required six months to pass. I was excited when I learned the gun board "may" waive the six month period for people who have a CPL for another state.

Having two CPL's from other states and being on my second Washington resident CPL I felt like my odds would be decent. I took my CPL class on December 9th, got all of my paperwork, fingerprinting and fees taken care of including registering my handguns and I am just waiting on the gun board. I was told because I have already had a CPL in the past the gun board could just mail me my new CPL but most likely they will call me in. Being from a state with a much different process the Michigan way can be a little intimidating. I do not feel having to go before the gun board is constitutional but not having a choice I will jump through as many hoops as I have too

FreeInAZ

Huh?

Good luck, and you're right, gun boards are unconstitutional.

Just tell them you have been OCing everywhere legal, but you would prefer to get your CPL so that you can start CCing like normal people do.

Dude guess I'm %50 abnormal being that I OC atleast one pistol & CC atleast one at all times?:confused:

@OP

Gun boards are just another goofy MI gun law "feature". If you are lucky and do not live in Wayne Co (aka WACO) you should be just fine.