• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Form Letter For Your Congressman

since9

Campaign Veteran
More than ever, we need to be making ourselves heard at the Congressional level. We need to inundate them with our concerns.

Yesterday, I dusted off my stats books and thoroughly examined all 39 massacres which have occurred in the U.S. since the end of World War II. As a result of which I discovered, I penned the following letter to my Congressman. Please feel free to use it and send to your own Congressman.

Dear Congressman X:

You and I both know the ideological idiocy behind gun control, yet good people, smart people, colleagues of yours in Congress, buy off on it all the time.

Instead of debating it on the house floor, perhaps a few well-placed quotes from honored members in our nation's history might help change some minds. I was pro-2A years before I came across any of the hundreds of comments penned by our Founding Fathers, but their common sense on the subject surely settled any doubt I may have had. I'm thinking it might help lead at least a few who may be sitting on the fence towards a more Constitutional position on the issue.

Here's one to get you started:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." --Cesare Beccaria, On Crimes and Punishment, quoted by Thomas Jefferson in Commonplace Book

I wish you both good luck and Godspeed in your efforts to oppose Obama's ridiculously anti-American and un-Constitutional gun ban efforts, and would like to leave you with one final thought: If teachers who were willing to carry a firearm, trained to carry one, and properly vetted (stringent background check) to do so, Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, and the other other massacres since WWII would certainly have been mitigated, and might have been prevented altogether.

Speaking of which, I recently did a statistical analysis on all 39 U.S. massacres since WWII. Of those, we can determine whether or not 34 of them were in Gun-Free Zones. Of those 34, 28 were indeed in Gun-Free Zones. That's just over 82%. The really amazing thing is that more than 95% of American soil are places where firearms are allowed. Thus, when we consider both of these statistics, massacres are more than 91 TIMES as likely to occur in places where firearms are prohibited than where firearms are allowed.

91 times more likely! The only logical conclusion which can be drawn from this is that so-called "Gun-Free Zones" are being very specifically targeted by those who commit these massacres. They may be mentally ill, but they're not stupid.

These so-called "Gun-Free Zones" are DEATHTRAPS. If a politician wanted to intentionally put his constituents in harm's way, declaring places such as schools, malls, and movie theaters as "gun-free zones" is the single most effective way to do it. Ninety-one times more effective, in fact, than any other course of action.

So, before anyone in Congress allows themselves to react in any sort of knee-jerk fashion, I humbly, but very strongly recommend that declaring any more areas as a "gun-free zone," or worse, enacting any sort of gun-control legislation at all, is the absolute WORST, and most dangerous course of action any politician could ever take. There remains are VERY STRONG correlation (>87%) between gun control and crime: The more gun control laws that are on the books, the higher the crime rates. Historically, we've seen how increases in gun control precede increases in crime, and how decreases in gun control precede decreases in crime.

Let's fight FOR the safety of the people. Let's be smart about this! Let's use statistics instead of emotionally-based knee-jerk reactions and "feel-good" but do nothing, or worse, harm-causing idealistic politics.

Thank you for your time, Sir!

Sincerely...

eye95

Nice statistics. I may want to appropriate them.

What are those 39 attacks? Were any attacks not included because they were shortstopped early by an armed LAC? The media tend to ignore events that contradict their paradigm.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Nice statistics. I may want to appropriate them.

What are those 39 attacks? Were any attacks not included because they were shortstopped early by an armed LAC? The media tend to ignore events that contradict their paradigm.

Eye, I'll be happy to send you a copy of the spreadsheet. It dates, location, number killed and some other stats, and includes all U.S. massacres dating back to before we forged our nation! Most of the ones prior to the end of WWII, however, were not shooting sprees like those which occurred at Virginia Tech, Columbine, etc. I also excised the 9/11 terrorist attacks and other incidences such as the Kent State shootings which were perpetrated by either police, the military, terrorists, or persons other than your average shooting spree nut.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

zack991

I sent mine a extremely heated email, here is part of it.

Dear Congressman Bill Johnson / Tim Ryan

You and I both know the ideological idiocy behind gun control, yet good people, smart people, colleagues of yours in Congress, buy off on it all the time. I am asking for your help in fighting this nonsense, I DO NOT WANT ANY COMPROMISE. I want a firm NO to any gun control, we have over 20,000 plus gun laws on the books and none of them effect the criminals.

I am so sick and tired of my reps not doing THEIR JOB, I want you to protect my constitutional rights. I am so sick of the compromise that is happening in the congress. You are all worrying about your re-election if you don't compromise and continue to use the gentleman tactics. I want there to be no gun control passing the house period. Those who vote yes for restricting my rights in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, I will personally make sure they never win another election from that point forward.

I am tired of NO ONE IN THE HOUSE standing up to Obamas down right unconstitutional executive orders, you all look the other way instead of holding him accountable,. Tell him and the other crooks they are violating my rights and STOP HIS EXECUTIVE ORDERS NOW!!!!!!!! You all have the power to take way his EO power, you all voted and gave it to him, so why not take it from him?

KYKevin

More than ever, we need to be making ourselves heard at the Congressional level. We need to inundate them with our concerns.

Yesterday, I dusted off my stats books and thoroughly examined all 39 massacres which have occurred in the U.S. since the end of World War II. As a result of which I discovered, I penned the following letter to my Congressman. Please feel free to use it and send to your own Congressman.

Dear Congressman X:

You and I both know the ideological idiocy behind gun control, yet good people, smart people, colleagues of yours in Congress, buy off on it all the time.

Instead of debating it on the house floor, perhaps a few well-placed quotes from honored members in our nation's history might help change some minds. I was pro-2A years before I came across any of the hundreds of comments penned by our Founding Fathers, but their common sense on the subject surely settled any doubt I may have had. I'm thinking it might help lead at least a few who may be sitting on the fence towards a more Constitutional position on the issue.

Here's one to get you started:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." --Cesare Beccaria, On Crimes and Punishment, quoted by Thomas Jefferson in Commonplace Book

I wish you both good luck and Godspeed in your efforts to oppose Obama's ridiculously anti-American and un-Constitutional gun ban efforts, and would like to leave you with one final thought: If teachers who were willing to carry a firearm, trained to carry one, and properly vetted (stringent background check) to do so, Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, and the other other massacres since WWII would certainly have been mitigated, and might have been prevented altogether.

Speaking of which, I recently did a statistical analysis on all 39 U.S. massacres since WWII. Of those, we can determine whether or not 34 of them were in Gun-Free Zones. Of those 34, 28 were indeed in Gun-Free Zones. That's just over 82%. The really amazing thing is that more than 95% of American soil are places where firearms are allowed. Thus, when we consider both of these statistics, massacres are more than 91 TIMES as likely to occur in places where firearms are prohibited than where firearms are allowed.

91 times more likely! The only logical conclusion which can be drawn from this is that so-called "Gun-Free Zones" are being very specifically targeted by those who commit these massacres. They may be mentally ill, but they're not stupid.

These so-called "Gun-Free Zones" are DEATHTRAPS. If a politician wanted to intentionally put his constituents in harm's way, declaring places such as schools, malls, and movie theaters as "gun-free zones" is the single most effective way to do it. Ninety-one times more effective, in fact, than any other course of action.

So, before anyone in Congress allows themselves to react in any sort of knee-jerk fashion, I humbly, but very strongly recommend that declaring any more areas as a "gun-free zone," or worse, enacting any sort of gun-control legislation at all, is the absolute WORST, and most dangerous course of action any politician could ever take. There remains are VERY STRONG correlation (>87%) between gun control and crime: The more gun control laws that are on the books, the higher the crime rates. Historically, we've seen how increases in gun control precede increases in crime, and how decreases in gun control precede decreases in crime.

Let's fight FOR the safety of the people. Let's be smart about this! Let's use statistics instead of emotionally-based knee-jerk reactions and "feel-good" but do nothing, or worse, harm-causing idealistic politics.

Thank you for your time, Sir!

Sincerely...

THIS! This is what people need to be doing instead of posting useless, waste of time petitions! As they lead to nothing!