• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mag Cap Poll, Washington Post

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Placed my vote! We need to stay active in every poll we come across folks! The anti-gunners will use these to death if they are in their favor.

decklin

That poll probably isn't accurate. I just checked and you can vote as many times as you want.

HankT

State Researcher
Waste of time

That poll probably isn't accurate. I just checked and you can vote as many times as you want.

Online polls like that are silly. Both, or either side "hitting it hard."

Unreliable. Useless.

But the link is to an op-ed by Charles Schumer, a notorious liberal:

A middle ground on gun limits

Suprisingly, the opinion is very even-handed and intelligent in describing the problem and the context of the problem. I am heartened.

I suggest we avoid the useless poll . . . and read Shumer's thoughts instead.

OC4me

After the Newtown shooting, do you support new restrictions on high-capacity magazines?
Yes 61%
No 39% You voted for this
15166 people have taken this poll.

On a side note:

Q. Why would a Civilian need a high-capacity magazine for self-defense? They are only good for killing large numbers of people. Only the police and military should have these...blah ... blah ... blah...

A. I don't know any law-enforcement agency whose job it is to kill large numbers of people, do you? Why would the police need high-capacity magazines? When you figure that one out, there will be your answer.

HankT

State Researcher
It only allowed me to vote twice before it redirected me to a log-in page. I tried leaving the page and going back and it did the same thing.

I'm curious, KyG. Why would you want to vote more than once?

5 minutes ago:

After the Newtown shooting, do you support new restrictions on high-capacity magazines?

Yes 64%

No 36%

17633 people have taken this poll.

WalkingWolf

I'm curious, KyG. Why would you want to vote more than once?

5 minutes ago:

Yes 64%

No 36%

17633 people have taken this poll.

Because you can...