Thread: Lynchburg OC Lunch - January 5, 2013

Lynchburg OC Lunch - January 5, 2013

Hey ya'll,

It's been awhile since we have gotten together here in Lynchburg. I was thinking we could do an OC lunch on Saturday, January 5. Vinny's on Wards Rd. has been a popular choice for our previous OC lunches. I am open to other suggestions. Blue Dahlia and the Hibachi buffet have also been welcoming to our groups. Unless I receive substantial requests for another venue, I am going to plan for our lunch at Vinny's at 12:30 p.m. on January 5. Hope to see many of you local OCers there.

Founder's Club Member
    Thanks AMTilton, count me in. I'll still have to see about the wifester. I'm open to nearly any place.

sounds good but vinnys on wards ??? im only familiar with vinnys on timberlake

Quote Originally Posted by mbhudson View Post
    sounds good but vinnys on wards ??? im only familiar with vinnys on timberlake
    Y

There is a Vinny's in the small strip mall in front of target next to sweet frog and firehouse subs

Add one more

Founder's Club Member
    I've contacted Jero & Mrs.Jero, half_life1052, R_Ca$h, and some others, but still have no more commitments. Hopefully some of these folks will show just the same. Papa Bear told me in PM that he intends to be there, and I've invited a gentleman I ran into in Roanoke a few weeks ago to come along with his family as well. If any of you are thinking of attending and just haven't told us so we can reserve a spot, please let us know soon!

I just saw the PM I haven't been on the site in a week or two and didn't notice it. I will have to check with the wife if she has made some plans for us or not otherwise I would like to attend.

Founder's Club Member
    Sounds good sir! I wasn't trying to call anyone out, just letting folks know that we're interested in having attendees.

The wife and I are in. See you at 12:30.

Man, I so love you guys doing this. I won't be there (car in shop, and I'm in Richmond), but I have met Mr/Ms Jero and Mr/Ms jmelvin, and I am so glad we have such exemplary representatives in the Lynchburg community.

I only get up that once or twice a year at best, but it gives me confidence to OC when I visit to fish and have little dinner.

Thanks folks!

Best wishes in the new year.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Founder's Club Member
    Thanks riverrat, it's good to know folks all over this great state attend and schedule these. Lynchburg isan OC friendly town and many here appreciate liberty too, so the climate makes it quite easy.

Founder's Club Member
    Me, and the Jeros are at Vinny's on Wards Rd waiting for y'all to show. Hope we get some more soon!

Founder's Club Member
    Well it was good to see all who showed up. Attending were myself, the Jeros, the MBHudson crew, and a friend of the Jeros. Nowhere to be found was AMTilton who scheduled the thing nor any of the other regulars. I hopeall is well. I know we enjoyed ourselves getting to know some new folks. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Well it was good to see all who showed up. Attending were myself, the Jeros, the MBHudson crew, and a friend of the Jeros. Nowhere to be found was AMTilton who scheduled the thing nor any of the other regulars. I hopeall is well. I know we enjoyed ourselves getting to know some new folks. :-)
    I went to Timberlake!...oh well.

Founder's Club Member
    Well at least we were represented in various parts of the city. :-)

Sorry

One word - flu. I think it says it all.

Founder's Club Member
    Ah, hope you feel better and hope the family doesn't get it as well!

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Well at least we were represented in various parts of the city. :-)
    While I was not able to attend I was OCing around the city shopping with the wife. (Harbor Freight, Advance Auto, Home Depot, True Value, and finally lunch around 2:30 at Charley's)

Founder's Club Member
    Cool. You know even though our overall attendance at the lunch may not have been what we hoped, we had folks all over the city OCing, both those we know and don't know and that is what gets people comfortable with the fact that regular people carry guns every day and they don't hurt anyone unnecessarily. Glad to know you all were out and about OCing. Hopefully we can all catch up some time again soon.