• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynchburg OC Lunch - January 5, 2013

amtilton17

Hey ya'll,

It's been awhile since we have gotten together here in Lynchburg. I was thinking we could do an OC lunch on Saturday, January 5. Vinny's on Wards Rd. has been a popular choice for our previous OC lunches. I am open to other suggestions. Blue Dahlia and the Hibachi buffet have also been welcoming to our groups. Unless I receive substantial requests for another venue, I am going to plan for our lunch at Vinny's at 12:30 p.m. on January 5. Hope to see many of you local OCers there.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I've contacted Jero & Mrs.Jero, half_life1052, R_Ca$h, and some others, but still have no more commitments. Hopefully some of these folks will show just the same. Papa Bear told me in PM that he intends to be there, and I've invited a gentleman I ran into in Roanoke a few weeks ago to come along with his family as well. If any of you are thinking of attending and just haven't told us so we can reserve a spot, please let us know soon!

R_Ca$h

I just saw the PM I haven't been on the site in a week or two and didn't notice it. I will have to check with the wife if she has made some plans for us or not otherwise I would like to attend.

riverrat10k

Man, I so love you guys doing this. I won't be there (car in shop, and I'm in Richmond), but I have met Mr/Ms Jero and Mr/Ms jmelvin, and I am so glad we have such exemplary representatives in the Lynchburg community.

I only get up that once or twice a year at best, but it gives me confidence to OC when I visit to fish and have little dinner.

Thanks folks!

Best wishes in the new year.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Thanks riverrat, it's good to know folks all over this great state attend and schedule these. Lynchburg isan OC friendly town and many here appreciate liberty too, so the climate makes it quite easy.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Well it was good to see all who showed up. Attending were myself, the Jeros, the MBHudson crew, and a friend of the Jeros. Nowhere to be found was AMTilton who scheduled the thing nor any of the other regulars. I hopeall is well. I know we enjoyed ourselves getting to know some new folks. :)

love4guns

Well it was good to see all who showed up. Attending were myself, the Jeros, the MBHudson crew, and a friend of the Jeros. Nowhere to be found was AMTilton who scheduled the thing nor any of the other regulars. I hopeall is well. I know we enjoyed ourselves getting to know some new folks. :)

I went to Timberlake!...oh well.

R_Ca$h

Well at least we were represented in various parts of the city. :)

While I was not able to attend I was OCing around the city shopping with the wife. (Harbor Freight, Advance Auto, Home Depot, True Value, and finally lunch around 2:30 at Charley's)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Cool. You know even though our overall attendance at the lunch may not have been what we hoped, we had folks all over the city OCing, both those we know and don't know and that is what gets people comfortable with the fact that regular people carry guns every day and they don't hurt anyone unnecessarily. Glad to know you all were out and about OCing. Hopefully we can all catch up some time again soon.

:)