Thread: Firearm Found Inside Mpls. School Staff Memberís Locker

White Oak Plantation

Firearm Found Inside Mpls. School Staff Memberís Locker

The staff member did have a gun permit, but guns are not allowed in Minnesota schools.
    Is "not being allowed" the same as unlawful?

The last line in the story.
    The staff member is not a teacher, and so far has not been charged with a crime.
    This is a very interesting story. If no charges are brought a opportunity presents it self.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Invisible Mode

Impressive woman

I have to believe she will be charged. No wiggle room on that decision. She'll get fired, too.

The piece of info that impressed me is:

" A staff member who was worried about safety after the tragedy in Connecticut brought her own loaded gun to an elementary school on Wednesday."

She made a conscious decision, with her very own rationale, to violate the law. But that's not a good sign for the "we-need-to-arm-some-teachers!" crowd.

Also impressive is that a chick is wanting to shoot a .357 magnum j-frame. That HURTS!
    Last edited by HankT; 12-21-2012 at 02:07 PM.