Thread: NRA Press Conference transcript

NRA Press Conference transcript

Since most of the broadcast networks went to commercials in the middle of the NRA press conference, here is the transcript of the press conference for those who wish to view it.

http://home.nra.org/pdf/Transcript_PDF.pdf
    Last edited by RugerP95DC; 12-21-2012 at 11:23 PM.
    O.K.O.C.A. Board of Directors

So beautifully said

Thank you for posting the transcript. I was getting ready to start looking for it.

Very well said

I wasn't impressed by the blame shifting. Nor was I impressed by the call for the fed.gov to appropriate funds for security measures which is the realm of the states as per Article 1, Section 8 and the Tenth Amendment. Strange how the NRA seeks to defend one part of the Constitution by asking the fed.gov to act beyond enumerated powers. I'm done with them. My membership ends at the end of this month. I joined the GOA a couple of days ago instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Keylock View Post
    . . . I'm done with them. My membership ends at the end of this month. I joined the GOA a couple of days ago instead.
    We're going to need the NRA badly in the next few weeks.

Without it, we will be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    So beautifully said

LaPierre went on offense at the press conference on Friday.

Same today, on Meet the Press: "If it's crazy to call for putting armed police in amd securing our schools to protect our children is crazy, then call me crazy."
    Last edited by HankT; 12-23-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    So beautifully said
    They call for a national mental health database, and you find that "beautiful"?

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    They call for a national mental health database, and you find that "beautiful"?
    I find the idea disturbing. And for the love of Hooters, would someone care to show me the enumeration in the Constitution where school safety is the fed.gov's responsibility.

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” LaPierre should have stopped right there and concluded the press conference.

I find the idea disturbing. And for the love of Hooters, would someone care to show me the enumeration in the Constitution where school safety is the fed.gov's responsibility.

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” LaPierre should have stopped right there and concluded the press conference.
    I happen to agree, i also feel that he was flopping all over the place and at some questions tried to avoid answering. Although i think between NRA and other groups that have support, we will over come this, but we all need to stand together.

I happen to agree, i also feel that he was flopping all over the place and at some questions tried to avoid answering. Although i think between NRA and other groups that have support, we will over come this, but we all need to stand together.

Awb again

Quote Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
    Although i think between NRA and other groups that have support, we will over come this, but we all need to stand together.
    I don't know what you mean by overcome, but I think our gun rights will continue to be pretty much unassailable. However, I see some new regulations in the offing that will attempt to restrict access. A 1994-style AWB, for instance. I can't believe it will be effective in any measurable way but the recent EBR events (Colorado, Newtown, and Webster) present a pattern of mass murder potentiality that can be attributed to one thing. One easily identifiable product category. So, they're going to "ban" it. Even if it doesn't make any real sense.

The Newtown case is the worst. We have otherwise naive antigunners blabbing about Bushmasters by name.

I got a different take from this. I believe he offered something we can do Today. Not after we talk about it, not after people are trained up, but something we can do now. Put Armed LEOs in the schools until the rest of us get it together enough to take care of them. Go after the crazys by all means, but get a guardmount going. I do like the idea of the Minuteman Program.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I got a different take from this. I believe he offered something we can do Today. Not after we talk about it, not after people are trained up, but something we can do now. Put Armed LEOs in the schools until the rest of us get it together enough to take care of them. Go after the crazys by all means, but get a guardmount going. I do like the idea of the Minuteman Program.
    Well in a recent forum I asked if a person could donate as little as 1 hour of their time and up to 8 hours of their time in volunteering how many people would volunteer to help guard our little ones. Youd be surprised how many people would donate an hour of their time for free if it meant saving our children.

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I got a different take from this. I believe he offered something we can do Today. Not after we talk about it, not after people are trained up, but something we can do now. Put Armed LEOs in the schools until the rest of us get it together enough to take care of them.
    How many armed LEOs total do you reckon should be put in today across the country?
    There are 98,000 schools, I heard on NPR.

I agree about the armed Leo or ex military who need some kind of job, or volunteers, as long as they are certified. I also know front sight is willing to train 3 teachers from each school to properly stop any kind of malice attack FOR FREE, yet no one is jumping on it. Why? I would feel comfortable with that as well as anyone else that has any sense, i myself would love to go train at front sight, especially for FREE. From what i understand their training surpasses any training a Leo gets.