• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Press Conference transcript

Keylock

I wasn't impressed by the blame shifting. Nor was I impressed by the call for the fed.gov to appropriate funds for security measures which is the realm of the states as per Article 1, Section 8 and the Tenth Amendment. Strange how the NRA seeks to defend one part of the Constitution by asking the fed.gov to act beyond enumerated powers. I'm done with them. My membership ends at the end of this month. I joined the GOA a couple of days ago instead.

HankT

State Researcher
So beautifully said :)

LaPierre went on offense at the press conference on Friday.

Same today, on Meet the Press: "If it's crazy to call for putting armed police in amd securing our schools to protect our children is crazy, then call me crazy."

Last edited:

Keylock

They call for a national mental health database, and you find that "beautiful"?

I find the idea disturbing. And for the love of Hooters, would someone care to show me the enumeration in the Constitution where school safety is the fed.gov's responsibility.

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” LaPierre should have stopped right there and concluded the press conference.

Gary S

I find the idea disturbing. And for the love of Hooters, would someone care to show me the enumeration in the Constitution where school safety is the fed.gov's responsibility.

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” LaPierre should have stopped right there and concluded the press conference.
I happen to agree, i also feel that he was flopping all over the place and at some questions tried to avoid answering. Although i think between NRA and other groups that have support, we will over come this, but we all need to stand together.

Gary S

I happen to agree, i also feel that he was flopping all over the place and at some questions tried to avoid answering. Although i think between NRA and other groups that have support, we will over come this, but we all need to stand together.

HankT

State Researcher
Awb again

Although i think between NRA and other groups that have support, we will over come this, but we all need to stand together.

I don't know what you mean by overcome, but I think our gun rights will continue to be pretty much unassailable. However, I see some new regulations in the offing that will attempt to restrict access. A 1994-style AWB, for instance. I can't believe it will be effective in any measurable way but the recent EBR events (Colorado, Newtown, and Webster) present a pattern of mass murder potentiality that can be attributed to one thing. One easily identifiable product category. So, they're going to "ban" it. Even if it doesn't make any real sense.

The Newtown case is the worst. We have otherwise naive antigunners blabbing about Bushmasters by name.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I got a different take from this. I believe he offered something we can do Today. Not after we talk about it, not after people are trained up, but something we can do now. Put Armed LEOs in the schools until the rest of us get it together enough to take care of them. Go after the crazys by all means, but get a guardmount going. I do like the idea of the Minuteman Program.

Glock 1st fan

I got a different take from this. I believe he offered something we can do Today. Not after we talk about it, not after people are trained up, but something we can do now. Put Armed LEOs in the schools until the rest of us get it together enough to take care of them. Go after the crazys by all means, but get a guardmount going. I do like the idea of the Minuteman Program.

Well in a recent forum I asked if a person could donate as little as 1 hour of their time and up to 8 hours of their time in volunteering how many people would volunteer to help guard our little ones. Youd be surprised how many people would donate an hour of their time for free if it meant saving our children.

HankT

State Researcher
I got a different take from this. I believe he offered something we can do Today. Not after we talk about it, not after people are trained up, but something we can do now. Put Armed LEOs in the schools until the rest of us get it together enough to take care of them.
How many armed LEOs total do you reckon should be put in today across the country?
There are 98,000 schools, I heard on NPR.

Gary S

I agree about the armed Leo or ex military who need some kind of job, or volunteers, as long as they are certified. I also know front sight is willing to train 3 teachers from each school to properly stop any kind of malice attack FOR FREE, yet no one is jumping on it. Why? I would feel comfortable with that as well as anyone else that has any sense, i myself would love to go train at front sight, especially for FREE. From what i understand their training surpasses any training a Leo gets.