Thread: Who's packing heat in Washington?

Who's packing heat in Washington?

STORY

Based on concealed weapon permit data, gun ownership in Washington appears to be more nuanced than some other issues that fall along political party lines. And judging from the chart below, it would seem the greatest gap in gun ownership levels in Washington is most likely not between Republicans and Democrats ó itís between men and women:
    Live Free or Die!

These numbers seem shockingly low to me, but I guess I have to consider the company I keep when I say that. I would have guessed it to be more in the teens across the board rather than in only a couple of counties.

OP is there any cite to that graphic you posted so i could do more research on their analysis?

please disregard my request as i pushed my browser to find the article and as suspected, there is no correlation w/any type of time frame associated w/the Seattle Times graphic in their article. http://blogs.seattletimes.com/fyi-gu...in-washington/

the Seattle Times references politically based NY Times article is equally bogus as it makes broad statements such as quote: Gun ownership has declined over the past 40 years — but almost all of the decrease has come from Democrats. unquote. using data from '73 and discredited '08 & '10 general social survey data.

tks

wabbit
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 12-21-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

suprised Thurston is as low as it is in comparison but surprised it's even that many.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    And those who don't ask for permission to carry?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    And those who don't ask for permission to carry?
    You are referring to those who don't asked permission to legally carry, right! Not those who carry illegally!
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Only 7.43% in Snohomish County? Sounds 92.57% too low if you ask me.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ó George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    You are referring to those who don't asked permission to legally carry, right! Not those who carry illegally!
    Nope. I leave my permission slip where it's needed, but it is foolish to think that everyone asks government permission to carry. And I don't care if they do.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Nope. I leave my permission slip where it's needed, but it is foolish to think that everyone asks government permission to carry. And I don't care if they do.
    And that is just it, it doesn't matter if you care or not, it does matter to most.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    And that is just it, it doesn't matter if you care or not, it does matter to most.
    So, I made a statement of fact. I didn't say say it mattered or not, I don't care if people carry guns without permission slips the government law and restrictions infringe on liberty more than it protects me. I just assume everyone are armed it is foolish in my opinion not to do so.

If these figures don't take into account those who are carrying without permission slips, whether legally or not than the figures are much higher than the graph would indicate.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 12-22-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Our Christmas eve childrens service is always packed, but Christmas day service usually has only a few. Christmas day service I was complaining because Stevens pass was closed so it was going to be difficult for my wife and I to get back home to the Highlands. One of the retired pastors that attends our services suggested Allison pass (In BC). I said, that would be an option except for my carry, and pointed to my hip.

What a discussion..out of 23 adults, there were 5 other people carrying (all concealed) and what a varity of pistols....I knew about two of them before, but not the other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Our Christmas eve childrens service is always packed, but Christmas day service usually has only a few. Christmas day service I was complaining because Stevens pass was closed so it was going to be difficult for my wife and I to get back home to the Highlands. One of the retired pastors that attends our services suggested Allison pass (In BC). I said, that would be an option except for my carry, and pointed to my hip.

What a discussion..out of 23 adults, there were 5 other people carrying (all concealed) and what a varity of pistols....I knew about two of them before, but not the other 3.
    Not a bad ratio even better if the many of the adults were couples.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Who's packing heat in Washington?

I Googled to find out the population of Washington (6,830,018 as of 2011) then divided that into 385,000 which is the approximate number of CPL holders in the state. This showed that the percentage of CPL holders in the state is about 5.64%. This is only CPL holders. I don't think including those who carry without one would make an appreciable difference.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Do these numbers include children and those under 21? Most of the time, I find reports like these do not filter on age for population. I had done the research given latest censuus data that Monroe had a 14% rate for CPLs.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post

SO.....

How long ya think before they go out & publish names & addresses too like that fool paper in NY did?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

RCW 9.41.129
    Recordkeeping requirements.

The department of licensing may keep copies or records of applications for concealed pistol licenses provided for in RCW 9.41.070, copies or records of applications for alien firearm licenses, copies or records of applications to purchase pistols provided for in RCW 9.41.090, and copies or records of pistol transfers provided for in RCW 9.41.110. The copies and records shall not be disclosed except as provided in RCW 42.56.240(4).

RCW 42.56.210
    Certain personal and other records exempt.
    No exemption may be construed to permit the nondisclosure of statistical information not descriptive of any readily identifiable person or persons

Still looking for penalty clause, but there may not be a specific penalty, lots of RCW dealing with the government are missing penalties. They seem to assume that a .gov employee would never ever never break a law.

Not a bad ratio even better if the many of the adults were couples.
    One guy isn't married yet.

No surprise that the county with the lowest CPL percentage is the biggest advocate for stricter gun laws.
    -PJ

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired..." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

Quote Originally Posted by Munkey Butt View Post
    "A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired..." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

Er... not to pick nits here but shouldn't that second part be refereing to the Constitution of Washington State?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.