• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reasoned discourse will be met with reasoned discourse

Rich B

Unfortunately for this anti-rights cultist, she barked up the wrong tree.

Sickened by your position on guns
2 messages
Elizabeth Cobb <bethdcobb@gmail.com> Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM
To: rich@ctcarry.com
I am watching the discussion on cptv and am sickened by the righteousness of your organization with respect to the right to bear arms under the guise of protecting one's property.
What a weak and disgraceful position to take in light of the tragedy that took away the rights and lives of 26 victims. If you want to bear arms find a more savage state than CT; move to a state where home invasions are the norm. Clearly ramping up school security with the addition of an armed guard is a horrible example for children. Do we truly want a society where one can only feel safe when guns are being toted?

I do not understand how you can continue to be an advocate. At the very least have the decency to recognize that new/better laws must be ratified and enforced.

Sincerely,
Beth Cobb

Rich Burgess <rich@ctcarry.com> Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM
To: Elizabeth Cobb <bethdcobb@gmail.com>

Dear Beth,
I am sorry that you feel the need to politicize a tragedy like this. Further, I am disgusted that you think it is appropriate to then infringe upon the rights of the citizens of Connecticut because of the actions of a madman. What a truly remarkable disgrace on our nation that within hours of this tragedy, before the bodies of those children had been removed from the school even, you and your ilk were already circling like vultures looking on how you could steal private property from people.

I don't think I need to address the rest of your points since you seem to be delusional. Home invasions are the 'norm' here as they are in any state. Would you like to tell Mr. Petit of Cheshire that anyone that goes through the same incident he does should be disarmed to watch his family die from complete helplessness at the whim of a madman?

I hope that you will seek therapy for your irrational fear of inanimate objects, but I am well aware that you will just disregard this email and go on living in your bubble of pretend security and righteous indignation despite all the facts to the opposite staring you right in the face.

But that is how cognitive dissonance works, and unfortunately I am not the kind of professional that you should be seeking to deal with these phobias. In the interest of public safety however, I would be happy to find one for you at your request.

Have fun living in your fantasy world.
Molon Labe.

Rich Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203.208.9577
http://ctcarry.com

I am all for being polite and professional, but there comes a time when we need to be aware that this is going to largely be a game of triage.

Because of the long demonstrated violent threats and behavior of the anti-rights cultists, I believe it is best to publish their hate mail so people have a record of the people who are this hateful.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I liked your answer but would have answered it so:

The 2nd amendment is for citizens to defend ourselves against the government who have a great number of weapons, weapons that the government wishes to remove from its citizens' hands. I'm sorry, but the deaths of 1000 children would not change the wording or meaning of the second amendment. Perhaps you have learned a horrible truth: the government cannot protect you or your children anywhere or at any time. I suggest you get a gun so you can protect your children where ever and when ever your can. If I can be of any assistance in this endeavor please let me know.

Last edited:

Rich B

I don't tend to mention the 2A. There are reasons for that.

1) It is not a very valid argument these days with people out in the open crying to repeal the amendment. We understand what 'shall not be infringed' means, but it is not a winning argument among people who don't care.
2) We are a state level organization and our state does not need to rely on the 2A. Article 1, section 15 is pretty damn valid and I would argue even more clear than the 2A.
3) There are so many better arguments to make about the right to private property and self defense than trying to claim a piece of paper gives us some sort of right. The same reason why so many of our laws are ridiculous and useless (that they are just whims of bloated windbags written on useless pieces of paper) are the same reason it is illogical to then argue the validity of the bill of rights. Again, we may understand the deeper philosophy that it isn't the piece of paper that counts, but rather natural law. But we are citing a piece of paper as evidence of that, and it doesn't make it very far with people who are already irrational, emotional and behind a wall of cognitive dissonance.

PistolPackingMomma

(A joke I saw on another forum. Almost like Aesop's fable for hoplophobes :lol:)

A man had just finished lecturing another guy about guns being merely compensation for a small...richard.

The self appointed he man walked into the parking lot, where he was attacked by a mugger. He started screaming for help, and the gun owner yelled to him,

"Show him your ____!"

Rich B

Glad I live with my head in the sand where things like this don't happen!

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) -- One person was shot during an attempted home invasion in New Haven Friday.

Around noon, police responded to 104 Eastern St. to investigate a shooting.

Upon arrival, police found the victim, 23-year-old Frederick Hernandez.

Hernandez told police he'd been home when he heard a knock at the door. He told police that when he answered it, a black man walked inside and said "Give me the money" before shooting him in the calf.

Police said before fleeing the scene, the suspect pistol-whipped the victim on the forehead. The suspect then ran through the rear yard toward Russell St.

The suspect is described as a black man, 5'9" tall, with braided hair. He was wearing a brown hooded sweatshirt and dark-colored pants at the time of the incident.

Hernandez was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital for treatment of a non-life threatening injury

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/man-shot-in-calf-during-attempted-home-invasion#.UPBwb29EHzg