Thread: Gun Proposal.....Confiscation could be an option.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar

Gun Proposal.....Confiscation could be an option.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/ny...nth.html?_r=3&

I don't need a tin foil hat nor am I suggesting a conspiracy....just sharing a news story.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post

I don't need a tin foil hat nor am I suggesting a conspiracy....just sharing a news story.
    Another stupid politician that thinks the 2A is about hunting... People have to stop voting for these idiots.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

At the federal level I look for the Liar-in-Chief to exercise his propensity to act without constitutional authority and impose an executive moratorium on AR and AK platform semi-auto transfers by FFL's. Not legal of course - but legalities have never
    appeared to have cramped OBie's dictatorial style.

First order of business in the House of Representatives should be impeachment proceedings against this illegitimate pretender occupying the White House.

Although the U.S. Senate would not initially be inclined to remove him - the House impeachment process could include a review of the issues regarding his eligibility for the office of POTUS - such as his apparent need to have a birth certificate fabricated, his use of a deceased person's social security number, and passport record. If it can be shown that he is not a U.S. citizen the Senate would have no choice but to remove him from office.

Banned
    Did I miss it? Where did the article mention confiscation?

Not that any of the other crap is acceptable. The only parts of the existing swiss-cheese of a law that are tolerable are the holes.
    Last edited by eye95; 12-21-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreek2 View Post
    At the federal level I look for the Liar-in-Chief to exercise his propensity to act without constitutional authority and impose an executive moratorium on AR and AK platform semi-auto transfers by FFL's. Not legal of course - but legalities have never
    appeared to have cramped OBie's dictatorial style.

First order of business in the House of Representatives should be impeachment proceedings against this illegitimate pretender occupying the White House.

Although the U.S. Senate would not initially be inclined to remove him - the House impeachment process could include a review of the issues regarding his eligibility for the office of POTUS - such as his apparent need to have a birth certificate fabricated, his use of a deceased person's social security number, and passport record. If it can be shown that he is not a U.S. citizen the Senate would have no choice but to remove him from office.
    Come on, really. I am less worried about his lack of a birth certificate, fake SS#, and passport record than I am with his continuation of unconstitutional wars, murdering innocent women and children overseas, and the signing of the NDAA as well as the continuation of the patriot act.

Trying to go after him for this birth certificate, or lack thereof is a waste of time, and only serves to get you lumped in with the "tin-foil hat" crowd.

Gun Proposal.....Confiscation could be an option.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow247 View Post
    Come on, really. I am less worried about his lack of a birth certificate, fake SS#, and passport record than I am with his continuation of unconstitutional wars, murdering innocent women and children overseas, and the signing of the NDAA as well as the continuation of the patriot act.

Trying to go after him for this birth certificate, or lack thereof is a waste of time, and only serves to get you lumped in with the "tin-foil hat" crowd.
    Which is indeed sad, because if people would examine the evidence that is around it is obvious that he is not eligible to be president. Our lovely President would not be killing thousands of innocent people nor infringing on our rights if he were unable to hold office.

Hell, there are accounts of the man himself saying he wasn't born in the United States. Obama was a test to see what the American people would allow. Well, we have made fools or ourselves.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Did I miss it? Where did the article mention confiscation?

Not that any of the other crap is acceptable. The only parts of the existing swiss-cheese of a law that are tolerable are the holes.
    In the article.........

"In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

"Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option."

What's the difference? Either way the state demands you surrender possession to them.

From my cold, dead hands...

I keep wondering if Obama was proven ineligible, would all the laws and executive orders he has signed be instantly void? For the most part I really hope so. I find it almost impossible that he didn't sign at least one law or order that wasn't a good thing for America. I mean come on, not one? Na, he had to have signed at least one, right? The libs love environmental issues. Did he save a park or a forest somewhere? Maybe helped change the way oil companies are monitored for safety? There's gotta be something....ok I'm done rambling.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post

They did this in New Orleans ... what's to stop NYC ?