• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KY missed the whole point behind todays NRA speech.

bunnspecial

After discrediting the NRA and saying that their solution isn't the answer, didn't he turn around and say that their solution is the answer? He just called it by a different name.

KYGlockster

Activist Member

I don't believe it is fair to the State to say "KY missed the whole point." It is fair to say that this idiot did. He thinks a nurse could have prevented this simply because she may have a relationship with students that would give them courage to approach her and tell her something dangerous may be happening? Is this guy really an education official?

Tell me of one student that could have known the massacre was going to happen? I wonder if the thought about the words coming out of his mouth before they did so? I doubt it!

Anyone armed could have stopped this attack. The GUN is the main component in such a situation, not the job title of whoever possesses it.

neuroblades

The point was most definitely missed by those quoted in that report. An officer or even a decently experienced CCDW licensee could've most definitely STOPPED the Connecticutschool shooting from turnin gout as it did! What Kentucky, as well as other states need to do is the same thing that Michigan did, legally carry in the school's so that a law-abiding gun owner could enter a school and put a stop to situations like this one before the active shooter could reammy do any damage.

We, in Kentucky, need to work towards repelling KRS 527.070 or seriously revamp it so that in an event such as the one in Connecticut, a situationally aware gun owner could, without fear of being arrested for illegally deploying their sidearm in the defense of school children.

self preservation

have a special locked safe installed, bolted to the wall, that will notify the office or police if it is opened. Inside it will contain a Handgun (Glock?) with 2 magazines.

What if the teacher isn't near said safe? They do leave the classroom from time to time. Breakfast, lunch, recess, gym, etc. Isn't carrying on their person maybe a little bit more practical? Where do you keep your gun and why?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
What if the teacher isn't near said safe? They do leave the classroom from time to time. Breakfast, lunch, recess, gym, etc. Isn't carrying on their person maybe a little bit more practical? Where do you keep your gun and why?

The only logical mode of carry is on the person in such a situation. We carry on our person because we want to be able to protect ourselves wherever we are, and a teacher would need to protect his/her students wherever they are.

------------------------------------

I also believe more than one person needs to be armed, but what we have been saying is that it only takes ONE armed person to end a massacre.

I really don't like the idea of my children being molested (figuratively speaking) by an armed police officer everyday they are at school either. We need to discreetly arm our teachers, staff and others that can lawfully carry in K-12 schools. One police officer wouldn't do much anyways. This is why we need to rescind gun-free school zones; they are doing a very poor job of keeping our children safe!

Sundiver

I saw the idea somewhere else I think but I'll put it forth again here. Armed volunteers, people drawn from the community a lot like school crossing guards of old. They'd be subject to additional background checks but we're talking about CCDW or Open Carry type folks who volunteer a few hours a day at their local schools to do nothing but protect the schools from external threats. They're not responsible for breaking up fights or anything else. If something happens internal to the school, like a student fight or something they call the cops as usual and don't involve you. You are there strictly for gunman protection.

Sundiver

I believe we could also make the double door security features which they have at banks, when you walk in one door you are now between two sets of doors (a chamber) and are scanned for guns (Yep, they have that technology!) if a gun is detected both sets of doors are locked and you now get to meet Police.

http://www2.alabamas13.com/news/2010/jul/09/video_gun_detection_device_foils_bank_robbery-ar-662659/

The idea is not without merit. So long as we all understand and accept that if someone wants to get in badly enough they will. I think this particular person gained access through a window. There's also loading docks, ventilation, rooftop or basement access there will always be a way in.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I believe we could also make the double door security features which they have at banks, when you walk in one door you are now between two sets of doors (a chamber) and are scanned for guns (Yep, they have that technology!) if a gun is detected both sets of doors are locked and you now get to meet Police.

http://www2.alabamas13.com/news/2010/jul/09/video_gun_detection_device_foils_bank_robbery-ar-662659/

Well this certainly wouldn't work if we are attempting to rescind the ignorant GFSZ statutes around the country. If every person that was legally carrying a firearm into a school gets locked in between doors and drawn on as police arrive it probably wouldn't work out very well.

Sure, it would work if firearms were completely prohibited in schools (which they are now), but this is what we are trying to remove. Also, like has been stated, it would not stop someone from gaining entry. How many schools have the money to install bullet proof glass and advanced technology that can discover a firearm on someone's person? I don't know of many. And even if some do, a vehicle could still render all of this technology useless as it slams through the double doors.

The logical answer to our problem is to allow law-abiding citizens the right to carry just as they do everywhere else. Get retired adults that are willing to volunteer to patrol the schools in normal dress while discreetly armed and we have a logical conclusion to the years of needless death.

self preservation

The logical answer to our problem is to allow law-abiding citizens the right to carry just as they do everywhere else.

That will be your problem my friend. The country is swept up in fear and emotion right now. Logic has long escaped them. Once upon a time I would search the internet for anti-gun material, you know, just to see what the other side was saying and how much support they had compared to us. I maybe found 1 anti-gun comment per 1000 pro-gun comments. To be honest I really had to search to find anti-gun material. Now I'm hard pressed to find much pro-gun stuff listed. It's almost like the country went from being 90% pro-gun to being 98% anti-gun.

I'm worried. Hell, I'm down right scared to the point that I feel like I need my blankie. I feel like I'm watching a train wreck in slow motion and there isn't a damn thing I (we) can do about it. I hate to admit it but the gun control group has a hell of a lot of support right now. For the first time in my life I feel they have more than us. They have been "taking our guns away" as long as I can remember. I'm 31 now but remember when I was probably around 8 or 9. Our neighbor had a bumper sticker on his truck that read "when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

I remember around the same age my dad and I going to a gun store after each election it seemed. Why? Because the fear of us losing our 2A was around back then too. But I fear that it is more real now than ever. We have always had that concern but now it's at our front door screaming "disarm yourselves."

KYGlockster

Activist Member
That will be your problem my friend. The country is swept up in fear and emotion right now. Logic has long escaped them. Once upon a time I would search the internet for anti-gun material, you know, just to see what the other side was saying and how much support they had compared to us. I maybe found 1 anti-gun comment per 1000 pro-gun comments. To be honest I really had to search to find anti-gun material. Now I'm hard pressed to find much pro-gun stuff listed. It's almost like the country went from being 90% pro-gun to being 98% anti-gun.

I'm worried. Hell, I'm down right scared to the point that I feel like I need my blankie. I feel like I'm watching a train wreck in slow motion and there isn't a damn thing I (we) can do about it. I hate to admit it but the gun control group has a hell of a lot of support right now. For the first time in my life I feel they have more than us. They have been "taking our guns away" as long as I can remember. I'm 31 now but remember when I was probably around 8 or 9. Our neighbor had a bumper sticker on his truck that read "when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

I remember around the same age my dad and I going to a gun store after each election it seemed. Why? Because the fear of us losing our 2A was around back then too. But I fear that it is more real now than ever. We have always had that concern but now it's at our front door screaming "disarm yourselves."

Just because logic has seemed to escape a large group of people does NOT mean allowing us to carry in K-12 schools isn't the logical answer. Sure they somehow fail to see the logic, but that doesn't matter. It is logical, because I have not lost my ability to process my thoughts logically.

I don't think things are going to be as bad as the hype is suggesting. There was just a Gallup poll conducted and in that pole nearly 70% believed arming teachers would help prevent these attacks from happening. So apparently there are more logical folks out there than the mainstream media would have us believe.

We must remember that the MSM only gives screen time to those that share their bias views, and this only represents the liberals in our country. The media is used to hype the population and make EVERYONE believe what they say is the truth and nothing but the truth. I believe the majority of us here understand this and can see past it; I believe the rest of the population is capable of seeing their bias agenda as well.

Remember, it is still just a minority that is screaming for us to disarm. The only reason their voice is heard over our voice is because they are the ones in control of the media.

Hopefully the House of Representatives will act the way their employers want them to and protect us from this attempted power grab. We should have the votes in the Senate to kill any legislation restricting our 2A rights, but sadly some of the conservative democrats have had a change of heart. The real shocker was Joe Manchin! If I were in WV I would make sure to remove him from office when he is up for re-election in six years.

We have until January 3rd to make our demands heard! That demand is to stay away from our Second Amendment!