• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Official EMAIL from Academy

Glock 1st fan

Well seeing the shelves were bare of semi auto rifles of any kind I heard rumors they were bare because academy quit selling them so I emailed them and asked the scoop.

here is what I was sent back!

Good afternoon Kirby,

Thank you for contacting Academy Sports + Outdoors. We are currently selling MSR's, but out of respect for the families and the tragic situation, we have chosen not to broadly advertise these items. Our selection varies by store and your best source for current inventory availability is your local store.

Thank you for choosing Academy Sports + Outdoors.

Sincerely,

Aaron
Administrative Support Associate
Customer Care Center
Academy Sports + Outdoors
(888) ***-****

Archerman99

That's good that they did not pull the sales altogether like a few other large retailers have, (Dicks and CTD)
Academy will continue to get my business over them any day!

donsadlerjr

Maybe I a a butt hole. I have been called worse but shouldn't they just do that in the area affected? This has gotten way out of control. If someone moves down 200 people with a Toyota tundra do you see them moving all the tundras to the back of the lot and not showing them? Well I have 4 billion examples we all do. I just feel
It has gotten out of hand is all.... No disrespect to anyone sorry if I did. And yes I have kids also around that age.