• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC Permit Application Process in Hampton, VA

TFred

A Suntrust bank will notarize free of charge. If you choose to apply in person at the court then the court should be able to notarize your signature, just don't sign the part that's supposed to be notarized until you're in the presence of the notary. When I went to Henrico for mine the clerk notarized my application with no fuss at all, don't know how others have fared doing that though.
One observation on the notarization requirement:

We've had discussion before on whether or not the Clerk can require you to present a Photo ID with your application, either just for inspection, or some used to require the submission of a copy as a part of the application package.

The ID is not required for the CHP application, HOWEVER... the purpose for a notary's signature is to guarantee that YOUR signature was made by YOU, and not someone else. For this purpose, unless you are a close, personal, long-time friend of the notary, they BETTER ask to see your ID before they sign their portion of the paper. That is the very reason for having something notarized.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
That explains it. I was thinking you needed to lay off of the egg nog!

Brand new member on an OPEN CARRY BOARD:

1st post For my first post.... OCed at the Five Guys at Peninsula Town Center today. Had no issues with anyone staring or giving me dirty looks. This was....

2nd post Come on, really. I am less worried about his lack of a birth certificate, fake SS#, and passport record than I am with his continuation of...

3rd post I am for/against armed security in schools. On the one hand, I am for it because I believe we need some form of protection in schools. On the other,...

4th post So I am looking to get my CC permit processed. I want to make sure things go as smoothly as possible. I have the forms that were given to me by the...

Then..."Come on man, comments like these really turn people off from places like this." I guess that means I don't get a Christmas card.:eek:

Then...."There is not much dignity in cramming the side of your sweater into your belt to ensure you don't accidentally conceal your weapon. I also ride a motorcycle and again it is tough to carry openly when wearing a motorcycle jacket."

Gee, I ride a Motorcycle and never had any trouble plus I stuff my sweater behind my gun every day.

At any rate, I had my say and won't say any more!

Last edited:

shadow247

Brand new member on an OPEN CARRY BOARD:

1st post For my first post.... OCed at the Five Guys at Peninsula Town Center today. Had no issues with anyone staring or giving me dirty looks. This was....

2nd post Come on, really. I am less worried about his lack of a birth certificate, fake SS#, and passport record than I am with his continuation of...

3rd post I am for/against armed security in schools. On the one hand, I am for it because I believe we need some form of protection in schools. On the other,...

4th post So I am looking to get my CC permit processed. I want to make sure things go as smoothly as possible. I have the forms that were given to me by the...

Then..."Come on man, comments like these really turn people off from places like this." I guess that means I don't get a Christmas card.:eek:

Then...."There is not much dignity in cramming the side of your sweater into your belt to ensure you don't accidentally conceal your weapon. I also ride a motorcycle and again it is tough to carry openly when wearing a motorcycle jacket."

Gee, I ride a Motorcycle and never had any trouble plus I stuff my sweater behind my gun every day.

At any rate, I had my say and won't say any more!
:eek:

Ducks head and hides in corner....