• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New To Open Carry

glock27OKC

I just recieved my license in the mail yesterday and have been ocing ever since. I havent noticed anyone looking "funny" yet but im sure they have. I just dont really pay much attention. Although I dont see very many people doing it I feel that it is my right so I will continue to do so. The thing is, I dont understand why more people dont. I know everyone says that they dont want the unwanted attention. Well if it becomes more common then people will stop seeing it as irregular and get used to it. Someone thought it was a pretty good idea. They passed it into law. I just wish I saw more people exercising there right to do so. I will continue to oc everywhere that will allow me to. Does anyone know of any future meets in OKC??

Glock 1st fan

Well I was once asked if I notice anyone look at me funny when I am open carrying. Oddly enough I have carried on duty for 17 years and in a few cases duty called for a polo and slacks with a firearm in an exterior holster (What we call open carrying now we called dressing down then) and well honestly I just dont notice if anyone says anything or not.

Keylock

Welcome to the OC fraternity. I've been carrying OC and have had several comments made to me by the very few who even noticed. So far all the comments have been positive, some of which I've mentioned in the "Post your experiences" section above. Just posted about yesterday and this morning.

Depending on my schedule, I'd hook up with other OC'ers for coffee and food. I'm off until the day after Christmas so I'll be in town and able to meet with others just for the fun of it.

Last edited:

cbxer55

Yeah. I am off for four days as well. Going to be a long boring four days, since I am separated from my wife, and y family lives in McAlester. Don't want tog o down there because of the snow coming, would be stuck with no vacation time to cover it. So here I'll be, all by myself.

If anyone is planning on a small gathering, post it up.

Keylock

Not doing much tomorrow other than visiting my ex-MIL for a couple of hours in MWC. Monday is free as well. Tuesday I'll be hanging out at Hooters for a few hours but they're posted so unless you're willing to go unarmed not a good choice other than to take in the scenery. :)

RugerP95DC

Yeah. I am off for four days as well. Going to be a long boring four days, since I am separated from my wife, and y family lives in McAlester. Don't want tog o down there because of the snow coming, would be stuck with no vacation time to cover it. So here I'll be, all by myself.

If anyone is planning on a small gathering, post it up.

I don't have anything going on Monday, we may be able to get together, been craving me a Ron's sausage chili cheese burger, do you know if they are OC friendly?

Dustin

glock27OKC

Ok Ron's is out, any ideas? wanna try to make it around the south side of the city so it is pretty central for everyone.

im down for a monday meet up. doesnt really matter to me. southside, northside. just let me know and i will be there. it will be good to meet some fellow OCers

RugerP95DC

How about Chili's on 19th street in Moore at 2pm, 12pm will be crazy with xmas shoppers you will not be able to get a seat, so we need to make it a little bit later.

If this is ok, I will start a new post.

Last edited:

Keylock

How about Chili's on 19th street in Moore at 2pm, 12pm will be crazy with xmas shoppers you will not be able to get a seat, so we need to make it a little bit later.

If this is ok, I will start a new post.

Works for me.