• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hopefully temporary problem at Food Lion

2a4all

I got a call from the manager today and he had contacted corporate and was told that properly hosltered firearms were not a problem and welcome to shop at Food Lion.

He did go off on a tangent saying that if he saw someone carrying a rifle or shotgun into the store he might take exception but all in all a good conversation and the problem is solved.

I talked to him a few minutes and was thinking about asking him to go to the range to bolster up his support if he was interested but he said that he already visits the Marksman and has some family property out in Wakefield that they shoot on.

I told him that I would be happy to come back to Food Lion since I have been spending all my money at Kroger and Farm Fresh the last week or so. He did make a point to say that he hoped that I wasn't offended (probably a recommendation from corporate) and that he learned alot from our conversations and researching the issue. I don't know if that means he got schooled by corporate or not but a win is a win anyway you look at it.

I chalk this up to a new & young manager and thankfully the "anti" (logic/2A) behavior was nipped in the bud. Have a happy new year everyone!
Good job, Jim:banana:

Zak Kee

The manager said that he had only seen two other people OC-ing there a young man and his wife (DJEEPER???) but I have seen a few more.

No brother that's me! I usually have my 10 month old on one hip and my 1911 RIA on the other hip. I have never once been confronted at that store. I used to live in Falcon Creek Apartments, right there on Magruder until today actually. I was in that store yesterday and did not have any problems. Let me know what you hear from the store. I am PCSing to Texas for about 6 months then I will be back in Virginia.

Stay safe!
Zak

45acpForMe

No brother that's me! I usually have my 10 month old on one hip and my 1911 RIA on the other hip. I have never once been confronted at that store. I used to live in Falcon Creek Apartments, right there on Magruder until today actually. I was in that store yesterday and did not have any problems. Let me know what you hear from the store. I am PCSing to Texas for about 6 months then I will be back in Virginia.

Stay safe!
Zak

In reply #16 they already replied and reversed the managers anti opinion. :) I was in there yesterday too no issues.

riverrat10k

Nice job, 45, and kudos to Food Lion management.

I swear, it is the large influx of folks from more restrictive States that cause the issues.

Of course I could be wrong, but I bet the mgr. was not raised in VA.

Last edited:

45acpForMe

Nice job, 45, and kudos to Food Lion management.

I swear, it is the large influx of folks from more restrictive States that cause the issues.

Of course I could be wrong, but I bet the mgr. was not raised in VA.

You are partially correct. He said that he was raised here but recently came back to the area.

So he probably lived in "more restrictive" areas for a while and got bad conditioning.

Heck, if you go into the military you can't even carry on bases even if you are in a good-2A state. :-(

He is young so hopefully that bad conditioning has been reversed for the rest of his life. :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
If you bought a Salt Shaker at Food Lion, and launched it with a sling shot, would you be using A Salt Weapon?

That was so lame, it was funny. :D

Please don't pepper me with salt from a salt weapon. Even though its a slingshot, the projectiles still move too fast for me to duck in thyme. I do prefer to sea salt coming, so just throw a pinch at me, so I can dash out of the way.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That was so lame, it was funny. :D

Please don't pepper me with salt from a salt weapon. Even though its a slingshot, the projectiles still move too fast for me to duck in thyme. I do prefer to sea salt coming, so just throw a pinch at me, so I can dash out of the way.

Tis the season.

45acpForMe

Loss Prevention...

Got a phone call at home from Food Lion's loss prevention representative (Jason Delor...??) yesterday.

He was calling to make sure that everything was ok with me and Food Lion and seemed relieved that I was still shopping there. :)

We talked for a bit and he said that he had had a few conversations with the errant manager and the district manager to clear things up. I guess the local manager really stepped in it when he asked me to leave and I contacted corporate. He was a bit surprised that the manager brought it up in the first place since he "thought" that he shot and I confirmed that in our conversations that he has a CHP and does some shooting on some family land in Wakefield. I told him that I chalked it up to his living somewhere else then coming back to VA.

Well things worked out the way they should and we can (again) delcare this a happy ending.

I thanked the rep (and Food Lion) for following State law and allowing the exercise of the 2A in their store.