• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Billions of $ used in Foreign Aid to Pakistan would Support our LEO's in school

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Most states have "State Defense Forces" and the like. Washington has the WA state guard, a whopping 4000 people and I don't know what they actually do or if they've even been used for anything, they do seem to be "recruiting" all the time though. You get the pleasure of paying for your uniforms, web gear, loadbearing gear, helmets, and all that crap. and their website doesn't seem to say if I get a gun for "enlisting" in the state guard.

It'd be kind of hard to manage militia drills or ensure everyone has standard equipment. so my community reports for drill and everyone has .223 carbines and the only military grade rifle I have is a No. 1 Mk. 3 Enfield... maybe I'd be designated marksman...;)

Also, is militia drill mandatory in your plan? and will it end up like jury duty where everyone simply tries to find out how to weasel out of it? is the state going to arrest everyone who doesn't report on the village green for muster and charge them with going AWOL?

(chuckle) You really expect a plan?

You're a couple centuries late with the evasion concern. Alexander Hamilton already figured that out in Federalist 29.

Who says everyone must have standard equipment? In the Framing era, the militia was armed with a wonderful array of rifle calibers, and prolly a number of muskets.

Will you please engage your brain before challenging other posters. It is entertaining, but its also tiresome sometimes.

EMNofSeattle

I'm under the impression private armies are seriously illegal. I've heard this comment a number of times in the context of gun clubs and so forth. I think IDPA may even mention it as a reason they don't conduct training--don't want to open themselves to accusations of training a private army.

VA has a statutory militia--able-bodied males aged (16-54?). But, I've never been called to drill. I don't recall the statute establishing drill frequency or anything of that sort.

You know, it might send a strong signal to the fedgov if gun owners started pestering their state legislatures to establish militia training. I'd go.

Also, it would send Feinstein a nice message. Propose banning guns and all of a sudden state militias start forming and training. Heh, heh, heh.

That's what I'd do if I were Governor

*potential future executive order of my administration

Whereas The State of Washington is a sovereign state of the United States of America
Whereas The Governor shall be responsible for calling forth the militia
Whereas All citizens of the state of Washington over the age of 18 are the "unorganized militia"
Whereas The ecosystems of our beautiful state are in danger from invasive pests such as swine and california sea lions
Whereas The State of Washington's close proximity to international borders makes it at unique risk for foreign invasion or terrostic attacks (such as any justin bieber concert.... haha kidding there)
Be It Therefore resolved, That all volunteering members of the unorganized militia be provided with locally produced Olympic Arms AR-15 style rifles and tasked with target practice and the eradication of all invasive pests within the borders of the state of Washington
Be it therefore resolved That the Feinstein Act of 2013 does not apply to the militia forces of the sovereign State of Washington while on official duty such as target training in preparation for potential invasion or while conducting live fire search and destroy manuevers against invasive, obese california marine mammals or feral swine.
Be it therefore resolved That the State shall host a finger lickin' "BBQ" of fried sea lion and pig, federal officials are not invited! oh and all soft drink products must be coca cola, only commies drink pepsi.... (that wouldn't be part of my official order however!)

HeHeHe!!!

Great idea, I'll steal it citizen ;)
I'm serious though, if i were governor and such a law passed I'd find ways to allow people to own banned weapons, by making them "The state militia" and mandate they do minimal training, then the state will "buy" their rifle and "issue it" to them to keep at home for "official business"

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

SNIP Who says everyone must have standard equipment? In the Framing era, the militia was armed with a wonderful array of rifle calibers, and prolly a number of muskets.

Will you please engage your brain before challenging other posters. It is entertaining, but its also tiresome sometimes.

Will I think I would be a more effective militia man if I didn't run out of bullets in the middle of a battle and had to run home for more .303

That could be embaressing to say the least...

I think it wouldn't nessecarily be a bad thing for my state to begin organizing our state guard into a more effective force, and issue them each an AR style rifle to keep at home and practice with... that way if our federal government is sending our national guard out to fight brushfire wars all the time we have a rapid and ready force to use as a national guard that's not subject to federal control...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Will I think I would be a more effective militia man if I didn't run out of bullets in the middle of a battle and had to run home for more .303

That could be embaressing to say the least...

I think it wouldn't nessecarily be a bad thing for my state to begin organizing our state guard into a more effective force, and issue them each an AR style rifle to keep at home and practice with... that way if our federal government is sending our national guard out to fight brushfire wars all the time we have a rapid and ready force to use as a national guard that's not subject to federal control...

"To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;"

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;"
Article I, Section 8. US Constitution.

Any militia force is subject to federal control.

EMNofSeattle

"To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;"

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;"
Article I, Section 8. US Constitution.

Any militia force is subject to federal control.

but they won't... because that would be vindication of all the crazy hutaree and "citizens patriot" and "The Posse Commitatus" types. no way the feds are going to feed into the people who they've been labeling as "nuts" for decades.

of course you're right in terms of law, the constitution authorizes that, but hell will have to get pretty cold before the federal government ever calls forth "The unorganized militia" martians would have to land or something. and even then if you've watched Battle: Los Angeles a small team of marines led by Aaron Eckhart is all we need. so even then...

but what did you think about my idea to become governor so I can start a militia to defend us against Justin Bieber and have seal roast? I naturally think my version of the militia is better :) Who doesn't like roasted seal served with feral swine and coke? AND i can use that as an excuse to circumvent the Feinstein AWB in the unfortunate event it passes...

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

The definition I have from that period is to put into proper working order or maintain in proper working order. As in regulating a clock so it keeps proper time, running neither too fast nor too slow.

I've been trying to think of my source on that, but durned if I can remember. I have a vague impression was in connection with some semi-scholarly work on the 2A, but can't be sure.

Heh! Lemme try googling it.

Well, what do you know? Keywords regulated old definition turned up this as the first return. Check this out. http://yarchive.net/gun/politics/regulate.html I'm off to find my copy of Federalist 29 to see if scumbag Hamilton actually wrote what the author of the article says he did.

Couldn't easily find my copy of The Federalist Papers, so I looked it up on-line.

Here is Hamilton's comment from Federalist 29:

...To oblige the great body of the yeomanry, and of the other classes of the citizens, to be under arms for the purpose of going through military exercises and evolutions, as often as might be necessary to acquire the degree of perfection which would entitle them to the character of a well-regulated militia...

So, it looks like the writer I linked in the post above got it right.

http://www.constitution.org/fed/federa29.htm

Thanks for the info, Interesting read and food for thought. Like a doctor asking if you are Regular....

It appears to me it still could be a self discipline also not just part of an organized militia, since we are all part of the militia.

Pennsylvania citizens routinely refused to cooperate with the crown and their oligarchy in the requests for militia in fights they disagreed with. I think many would also recognize the right not to join a force. A complaint Washington and the Brits had when colonist simply refused to help in fighting the French Indian War.