Thread: Sir, are you a police officer?

Sir, are you a police officer?

1005 pm Seatac airport baggage carousel #2

I'm waiting with my son who has arrived from NYC for his baggage. We are standing off to the side (as I usually do) till the baggage starts moving. A lady comes near and asks if I am a police officer to which I smile and reply "no ma'am." I'm just one of the many private citizens here in Washington who carry for protection. The usual questions flow back and forth; they let you carry like that, what do you mean no license is required? You'd never see that in NY.... We talked about the past few weeks and shootings and my thoughts, their thoughts. A few other people have listened in and give their input and at this point no one is upset by it, except for one guy who this whole time has a disgusted look on his face. He asks the question of what if someone took it from me when I wasn't looking to which my son speaks up and says that's why we stand like we do so we can see each others back, so no one can just sneak up on my dad. Turns out he is a cop in NYC, who IMHO is anti-gun for citizens & clearly dislikes Open Carry.

The ladies and I chat a bit more about the licensing requirement for Washington, then the luggage starts to arrive and we make a break for the bags.

Overall a good OC discussion with the passengers and NO interaction with the Port Police....

Sounds like a good educational experience for them, too bad the one cop is so closed minded that he has to be disgusted.
    - have a good holiday

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post

I'm waiting with my son who has arrived from NYC for his baggage. We are standing off to the side (as I usually do) till the baggage starts moving. A lady comes near and asks if I am a police officer to which I smile and reply "no ma'am." I'm just one of the many private citizens here in Washington who carry for protection. The usual questions flow back and forth; they let you carry like that, what do you mean no license is required? You'd never see that in NY.... We talked about the past few weeks and shootings and my thoughts, their thoughts. A few other people have listened in and give their input and at this point no one is upset by it, except for one guy who this whole time has a disgusted look on his face. He asks the question of what if someone took it from me when I wasn't looking to which my son speaks up and says that's why we stand like we do so we can see each others back, so no one can just sneak up on my dad. Turns out he is a cop in NYC, who IMHO is anti-gun for citizens & clearly dislikes Open Carry.

The ladies and I chat a bit more about the licensing requirement for Washington, then the luggage starts to arrive and we make a break for the bags.

Overall a good OC discussion with the passengers and NO interaction with the Port Police....
    Hopefully the NY Cop was only here for a short stay.

Did you invite him for coffee???
    Live Free or Die!

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP Turns out he is a cop in NYC, who IMHO is anti-gun for citizens & clearly dislikes Open Carry....
    Bloomberg must be getting desparate to send his spies all the way across the country.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Did you invite him for coffee???
    no invite but I told the group about our BBQ's, Jim's gun give-away and the 2nd Sat coffee call & the camp out in May.

Turns out he is a cop in NYC, who IMHO is anti-gun for citizens & clearly dislikes Open Carry.
    Wouldn't it then follow that uniformed police should not open carry either, since someone could walk up to them and pull their gun out of the holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Wouldn't it then follow that uniformed police should not open carry either, since someone could walk up to them and pull their gun out of the holster?

preaching to the choir.....

preaching to the choir.....
    ....and then he said to thee, "Let there be Open Carry." and it was good...........

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky508 View Post
    ....and then he said to thee, "Let there be Open Carry." and it was good...........

When were the politicians cast out of heaven.........?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Airport?

[QUOTE=Bill Starks;1869832]1005 pm Seatac airport baggage carousel #2 QUOTE]

Cool...I did not know that one could carry in the baggage claim area... I assumed the TSA would have shut-down the whole airport, including baggage claim area...

Good for you!

D.
    Last edited by Damiansar-15; 12-26-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Just not past the security check point. As for the NY cop..there are quite a few NY cops on the SPD. Some from WDC too. Found out the last time Seattle was advertizing in both cities for cops that wanted to move,

IMHO: it is what the guy grew up with, and teh propaganda he was fed. I think most are trainable...the ones that are not need to be sent back east.
    Last edited by hermannr; 12-26-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiansar-15 View Post
    ...Cool...I did not know that one could carry in the baggage claim area... I assumed the TSA would have shut-down the whole airport, including baggage claim area......
    TSA only has authority past their checkpoints. The rest belongs to the airport and state and local laws.

My state laws forbid concealed carry on the grounds of a public airport. We must open carry if we are armed in the non-secured areas of our public airports. At our private airports, we can do whatever we want, of course.
    Last edited by MAC702; 12-26-2012 at 02:32 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Most of them "oozed up from below".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Hopefully the NY Cop was only here for a short stay.
    He is probably here to take Birk's place. L O L
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Most of them "oozed up from below".
    According to the bible demons, originated in heaven. IF that is what you are referring to. Of course I do like your statement and could apply a Tolkien theme too it ......

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

I'm not surprised Bill that a NYP officer wasn't happy with your carry.

I was asked at the Baggage claim one time at SeaTac airport, "What department are you with", I have a feeling he was an officer from another state who wasn't too pleased with my carry either, yet none of the other "civilians" had a problem with it.

What

NewYork..........Get a Rope

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    Sounds like a good educational experience for them, too bad the one cop is so closed minded that he has to be disgusted.
    - have a good holiday

Bat
    That NYC cop probably would be the first to suggest that if you are too open-minded that your brains will fall out. LOL

A shame that some like that are so closed-minded that they have to vomit to take a dump.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

Ummm, how did they get in in the first place???

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    NewYork..........Get a Rope
    LOL.....I see what you did there..

Quote Originally Posted by kparker View Post
    Ummm, how did they get in in the first place???
    Oh it is not that we are suggesting they were good and went to heaven after they died, the bible tells us Satan and his demons all originate in heaven. Much like we are all born innocent and become the people we are.....