• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Letter

anmut

Feel free to use this and alter it in your own way. I will be sending this out to all of the state and federal representatives that I can afford to buy stamps for. That should be a lot. I urge everyone here to do the same. Email will not be enough this time. Have your entire family sign them as a representation of the family unit and not just "gun-loving dad."

#Your Name
#Your Address
#City State Zip

#Date

#Representative Name
#Address
#City State Zip

RE: Firearm Restrictions

To Mr/Ms #State Representation

We, as a family, are very disturbed by the continued attack on our gun rights. It seems that the bodies of the innocent in Newtown were not even cold before politicians at the state and federal level started attacking our affirmed 2nd Amendment rights.

So we are going to lay it out very simply:

Our family does not support any further restrictions on gun ownership, magazine capacities or gun purchasing for law abiding citizens.

We urge you to look into the real causes behind the violence and mass murders like Sandy Hook. Causes such as “Gun Free School Zones” that create victim-rich environments. Causes such as our failed mental health system. And causes such as the lack of personal responsibility as a whole in society that leads to such violence.

We will be taking note of your representation in the coming months and it will be remembered. Knee-jerk reactions in politics can have long lasting consequences – let not your hand be part of any such nonsense.

Sincerely,

Father (Voter / Campaign Contributor)
Mother (Voter / Campaign Contributor)
Son (Future Voter)

Snake161

This appears to be fairly fluent in it's message. However, what good does it do without offering up what you intend to do about more regulation? A group of about thirty of us are talking to many more and are planning on sending a letter to congress when our numbers are more declaring that we have no interest in participating in any more "gun control" from this government. We have enough useless laws on the books as is, we don't need more restricting laws that are destroying a supposed free society. As a free and law abiding citizen, I will no longer be pushed around by this lawlessness that is exhibited by the federal gov.

Last edited:

anmut

This appears to be fairly fluent in it's message. However, what good does it do without offering up what you intend to do about more regulation? A group of about thirty of us are talking to many more and are planning on sending a letter to congress when our numbers are more declaring that we have no interest in participating in any more "gun control" from this government. We have enough useless laws on the books as is, we don't need more restricting laws that are destroying a supposed free society. As a free and law abiding citizen, I will no longer be pushed around by this lawlessness that is exhibited by the federal gov.

It's a fair warning first. If this continues than it'll be a shot over the bow. If we have to we'll board and sink the f*cking ship. Keep me in the loop on the group letter - I would sign something like that.

range rat

I'm in, please keep me posted..

range rat

Feel free to use this and alter it in your own way. I will be sending this out to all of the state and federal representatives that I can afford to buy stamps for. That should be a lot. I urge everyone here to do the same. Email will not be enough this time. Have your entire family sign them as a representation of the family unit and not just "gun-loving dad."

#Your Name
#Your Address
#City State Zip

#Date

#Representative Name
#Address
#City State Zip

RE: Firearm Restrictions

To Mr/Ms #State Representation

We, as a family, are very disturbed by the continued attack on our gun rights. It seems that the bodies of the innocent in Newtown were not even cold before politicians at the state and federal level started attacking our affirmed 2nd Amendment rights.

So we are going to lay it out very simply:

Our family does not support any further restrictions on gun ownership, magazine capacities or gun purchasing for law abiding citizens.

We urge you to look into the real causes behind the violence and mass murders like Sandy Hook. Causes such as “Gun Free School Zones” that create victim-rich environments. Causes such as our failed mental health system. And causes such as the lack of personal responsibility as a whole in society that leads to such violence.

We will be taking note of your representation in the coming months and it will be remembered. Knee-jerk reactions in politics can have long lasting consequences – let not your hand be part of any such nonsense.

Sincerely,

Father (Voter / Campaign Contributor)
Mother (Voter / Campaign Contributor)
Son (Future Voter)

If you don't mine, I think I can put this to good use.. ok

Lurchiron

Last edited:

MKEgal

anmut said:
I will be sending this out to all of the state and federal representatives that I can afford to buy stamps for.
I read a post by someone who used to be a federal congressional aide, & he said that email is most effective. Apparently paper mail has to be checked for anthrax first, then once it gets to the congresscritter's office it's scanned into electronic form, THEN read. (And most likely it's not even read by the senator, only his/her aides.)

attacking our affirmed 2nd Amendment rights.
When writing state reps, also reference the WI Constitution, Article 1 Section 25, which more clearly & recently protects RKBA in WI:
"The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation, or any other lawful purpose."
Heck, maybe even mention it in the letters to federal legislators. Let them know we have more protection than just the US Constitution. This could be another Civil War - federalism v. statism.

We urge you to try to affect the real causes behind the violence and mass murders which have happened across the country: Sandy Hook, Aurora, Columbine, Virginia Tech, Northern Illinois University, Oak Creek, Brookfield (twice), and the 400+ schoolchildren who have been shot just in 2012 in Chicago... [feel free to throw in as many places as you'd like] I see causes such as: “Gun Free" zones which create victim-rich environments, our failed mental health system, and lack of personal responsibility.

Last edited: