Thread: Reno Gazette Journal reporter makes straw purchase at gun show

Exclamation Reno Gazette Journal reporter makes straw purchase at gun show

If this story is accurate the [moron] reporter made a illegal straw purchase since he admittedly filled out the 4473 in his name as actual purchaser, but at the end of the story the Reno Gazette Journal is asserting ownership.

"The Reno Gazette-Journal will sell the gun that was purchased for this report to a local vendor."

http://www.rgj.com/article/20121223/...ol-legislation

They are getting their a** handed to them in comments. Read it now before it goes down the memory hole.

I love the smell of leftists self-immolating!!!

Hmm page now says not found. Somebody realized they better hide the evidence.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Try this link. http://www.rgj.com/article/20121223/...-Reno-gun-show

Not sure how it is a straw sale. He bought the gun, and he could gift it to the rj and they can sell it. If he used rj money then yes it would be. We don't have that info though.
    Last edited by Vegassteve; 12-23-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Banned
    This story illustrates the lies of the media claim that no BR chks happen at gun shows ... his BR was chked.

The author is an idiot .. saying that "none of them fired at innocent children in an elementary school" ... indicating they are evil in some way.

And he, a REPORTER, doesn't like the 1st amendment .."Obama was side-by-side on small posters with Mao Zedong, Joseph Stalin and Adolph Hitler. In another poster, Russian revolutionary Vladimir Lenin directed an army of Bolsheviks with the date 1917, with Obama on the right half directing a similar unruly mob with the date 2012 — each with the slogan “Forward.” One stand sold T-shirts that read “Bullets First, Come and Take It” and “Land of the Free” with a map of the United States made up of different firearms." in his article.

I'm glad he is no longer in the Army...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    Not sure how it is a straw sale. He bought the gun, and he could gift it to the rj and they can sell it. If he used rj money then yes it would be. We don't have that info though.
    It could be considered a straw because the form says "You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person." Sort of like when you buy beer for kids in the grocery store.

Now I'm not sure how you actually buy a firearm for a raffle... Or how you buy a firearm as a company... Maybe the proper way is to have a company officer purchase the weapon and then say it's for the business. Not sure how that works at all.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    I guess that means that I am a "straw purchaser" when I buy a copy of the RGJ, because I'm actually buying it to roll the sheets up into balls to pack stuff I'm shipping to someone else. I sure as heck don't buy it to READ . . .

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    I guess that means that I am a "straw purchaser" when I buy a copy of the RGJ, because I'm actually buying it to roll the sheets up into balls to pack stuff I'm shipping to someone else. I sure as heck don't buy it to READ . . .
    I use newspaper as a packing material a lot, but I recently realized I needed to be more careful... I once sent someone a figurine with wrapped up newspaper and the ink from the paper somehow ended up on the figurine and the recipient was not happy.