• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA question

TheQ

No. Costs too much. More government. More government spending. I think there should be armed staff who volunteer to be armed, remove schools from PFZs, and have secured weapons safes strategically placed throughout. For the price of an armed guard for a year, you can buy a lot of weapons and safes!

TheQ

Now a private school can spend $ as they see fit...assuming none of their $ comes directly from taxes.

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

I think if their shield program involves using volunteers, implementing better policies, and just overall making sure schools are prepared for an active shooter like they prepare for fires I believe will be great. With proper training, firearms or not, volunteers can make schools safer.

budlight

No. Costs too much. More government. More government spending. I think there should be armed staff who volunteer to be armed, remove schools from PFZs, and have secured weapons safes strategically placed throughout. For the price of an armed guard for a year, you can buy a lot of weapons and safes!

+1000

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
So if a private school recieves money for a school lunch program or a state voucher system for low-income children they shouldn't be able to hire an armed guard?

If they have the money, sure. But rather than spend money on armed guards, who's training is dubious by the way, why not recruit volunteers from among the parents of children that attend said school? They would be more highly motivated, not to mention free.

REDDIRT

These people shoot up places guns are not welcomed mall schools etc.people can kill with a 89cent bic lighter no need for ar-15 if these scumbags know guns will be there more likely they will its all about time they can get what that want done DONE .this is why they never shoot up police stations etc.This is just another way for the government to control the American people.if they make it hard to sell used guns that fall into bad hands will help the rest is garbage.

MikeTheGreek

^ This. Train teachers to carry and safely use firearms if something ever happens. I guarantee at least a few teachers in most schools would volunteer right away for it. Hell, at least a few teachers in schools probably have CPLs and firearms anyway, so why not.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
^ This. Train teachers to carry and safely use firearms if something ever happens. I guarantee at least a few teachers in most schools would volunteer right away for it. Hell, at least a few teachers in schools probably have CPLs and firearms anyway, so why not.
I know at least 2 teachers at my sons' school have CPL, and the principal is getting his. They were all bummed out when SB59 was vetoed.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The NRA should just point out that most state laws require the kids to be there and then they assume the responsibility for their safety.

And highlight that in Sandy Hook, they identified issues but took inadequate steps to address these security issues.

The town of Newtown, CT has zipped their lips on this subject and refuse to answer questions on this matter.

Teachers don't want to confront people so they don't. I have walked the halls of public schools testing to see if I would get confronted -- generally, no I don't. Security is a joke in our schools.