• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry, Open/Concealed, At Your Service/ Militia Law & Legal Definition

scott58dh

Constitutional Carry, Open/Concealed, At Your Service/ Militia Law & Legal Definition

?

Last edited:

Freedom First

Are we or are we not under an attack from psychopaths who's only intent is to destroy as many lives as possible for whatever twisted reasoning they have ?

Constitutional/ Open/ Concealed Carry ... At Your Service !?

<Snip>

"An unorganized military force drawn from within a civilian population and which has taken up arms."

"The Constitution also provides for the “calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions."

<Snip>

Just thinking out loud, but what would transpire *IF* Local Community *Leaders*, *Taxpayers* &/or *John Q. Public* were to approach their own municipalities to attempt to draft some type of guidelines concerning the much needed protection of their institutes of higher learning ?

What if it was proposed from the point of mustering the "local militia" in the sense of an emergency approach until our esteemed leaders devise their solution of the attack which our school system seems to be experiencing ?

Am I making any sense or just hoping for a relevant and rational solution to what needs to be resolved sooner than is realistically possible ?

In short, until your leaders at your State House decide that the 9th and 10th Amendments actually mean something and that Federal fiat dollars aren't worth the cost in blood, whoever enters a FGFZ armed will be carted off to jail. Unless our States reject this federal usurpation of what should be a local responsibility, everything else will be ineffective.

The flaw in your assumption is that these shootings are an accident. While I reject the thought that these folks are being actively brainwashed, the target of choice: schools, are available everywhere and our nation advertises the fact that those in our schools are defenseless. So the crazy or evil who wish to act on their impulses have nothing holding them back. It's like leaving the chicken coop door open when there are foxes and raccoon in the area and somehow expecting your chickens and eggs to be unharmed in the morning.

Sure, the local unorganized militia would do a great job of securing schools in the short term, the long term problem remains: There are Crazy and Evil people in our midst. They will have to be ejected from our society before your public school will be safe. And that won't be done any time soon.

sudden valley gunner

Ahem, 9th amendment has not been incorporated yet ... FYI .. to my knowldege

Interesting thought.

I believe "incorporation" doctrine is a load of crap invented by statists judges, but how or why according to this doctrine would they even need to be incorporated, they are specific restrictions on the Federal Government?

Freedom First

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

The fact is, I swore and Oath to defend the Constitution as written and amended. This Amendment clearly speaks to me that We the People and our States RETAIN EVERYTHING NOT SPECIFICALLY GRANTED to the Agent of the States. Very important if you are one who still believes in the concept of State sovereignty.

Personally, I don't need a bunch of lawyers to explain something that was written for me and mine. The Federal Constitution is meant to operate of the Agent thus created. Not me. Or you.

Last edited:

georg jetson

...and what exactly would that mean? Incorporating the 9th? The text of the amendment is simple:

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

It speaks about the enumeration in the FEDERAL constitution and about the people. How exactly do you "incorporate" that against the states? It's kinda "self-incorporated" already by definition.

Freedom First

Plus, I believe that too many of our *Leaders* entrenched in the Political ranks forget that they too Also "swore an Oath to defend the Constitution as written and amended" because *THEY* believe that they're above the law and the "Commoners" don't actually know what's good for them without Big Gov't telling us what *we* need to exist in this Great Nation of ours.

Forget, ignore, willfully violate? Their word means nothing. Their Oath is just air.