• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NBC David Gregory breaks the law on TV?

WalkingWolf

If you hoestly believe anything will be done to this man. I have ocean front property here in WV I will sell cheap. Your dreaming if you think anything will come of this. Should charges be filed? YES, Will charges be filed? NO........IMHO

I don't believe anything will happen, a investigation will be claimed, and probably silently disappear after time. If he is charged I do believe the network attorneys will claim first amendment privilege by a journalist.

Ca Patriot

Can you prove that this was in fact a 30 round magazine? No? Until you start stacking rounds in it or until you disassemble it all you have is that it "looks like it is" and that he said it was.

Gregory admitted that it was.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The mag he had is protected under the 2nd amendment ... right?

So lets point it out that he violated an unconstitutional law !

Then the guy may understand that the 2nd amendment offers him some protection too ...

Uber_Olafsun

The mag he had is protected under the 2nd amendment ... right?

So lets point it out that he violated an unconstitutional law !

Then the guy may understand that the 2nd amendment offers him some protection too ...

Also lets point out that if it would have been your average joe they would have been arrested and this investigation would not even be happening.

09jisaac

Gregory [strike]admitted[/strike] that it was.

Claimed.

For all we know it was not an illegal magazine. It could have been an illegal magazine turned into a legal one and then used as a prop.

After they got the go-ahead for the ATF though, I would not believe this to be true.

Of course nothing is going to happen form this, but it shouldn't. Just because we do not like the man does not mean we should throw him under the bus for breaking a law we do not think is right anyways.

WalkingWolf

Claimed.

For all we know it was not an illegal magazine. It could have been an illegal magazine turned into a legal one and then used as a prop.

After they got the go-ahead for the ATF though, I would not believe this to be true.

Of course nothing is going to happen form this, but it shouldn't. Just because we do not like the man does not mean we should throw him under the bus for breaking a law we do not think is right anyways.
Well if it goes to trial you can testify as an expert witness for Gregory. For all we know he was on television holding a magazine that he claimed was a illegal 30 round magazine. Video confession, enough for me. Guilty! He crawled on his slime belly under that bus, his problem not mine.