• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congressman Larson's Forum

Edward Peruta

I would like to thank Congressman John Larson for the oppurtunity to address him and those that attended his forum.

For the record, I believe in DISCUSSION, EDUCATION AND LITIGATIONto solve the issues currently being addressed at the state and federal level.

I also believe that the general public has a false sense of security and no concept of the current laws that are NOT being used to solve violent crimes.

Congressman John Larson held a forum on Sunday afternoon December 23
[SUP]rd[/SUP] that was well attended by individuals on both sides of the firearm issue.

Congressman Larson referenced 9/11 and how the country responded by leaving no stone unturned in the aftermath of the incident.

A woman who spoke supported the current suggestion/proposal of Connecticut State Senator Beth Byeof West Hartford and her ill conceived concept of taxing ammunition sales by adding an additional 50% tax.

I had gone to the forum for one reason and one reason only, to listen and offer my solution to preventing many of the firearm incidents in the future.

I began by reminding Congressman Larson that we know each other together with the fact that he had appeared on one of my Public Access Cable shows when he was first running for congress in the late 90s.

I respect Congressman Larson and presented the forum with facts and a suggestion.

Make VIOLENT criminal conduct with firearms a federal offense and have the Federal Government and Courts take jurisdiction to deal with any serious firearm related issues where violence is used or threatened while in possession of a firearm.

I reminded Congressman Larson of the Patriot Act and the establishment of the Homeland Security agency.

Take violent criminals give them trials in Federal Courts at Federal Expense, and if convicted put them away for very long periods of time in a FEDERAL Correctional Facility far from the community where the act took place.

After my presentation Congressman John Larson and his aid asked for a copy of what I read to the forum and seemed honestly interested in what I proposed.

Here are the notes I took to the forum and used to make my presentation:

DETECTION AND INVESTIGATION OF VIOLENT FIREARM RELATED CRIMINAL ACTS

LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL AND AGENCIES WOULD REMAIN AS INITIAL CONTACT POINTS FOR FIREARM RELATED CRIMES.

AUTHORITY TO ARREST

LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL AUTHORITIES WOULD HAVE AUTHORITY TO DETAIN AMD ARREST ANYONE INVOLVED IN A FIREARM REALTED CRIME UNDER CURRENT OR FUTURE FEDERAL LAW(S).

TRANSFER OF ALL FIREARM CASES FROM STATE TO FEDERAL JURISDICTION

ALL CRIMES OF VIOLENCE COMMITED WHILE IN POSSESSION OF A FIREARM
WOULD, (AFTER INITIAL PRESENTATION IN A STATE COURT), BE IMMEDEATLY TRANSFERRED OVER TO FEDERAL AUTHORITIES FOR PROSECUTION UNDER THE FEDERAL MINIMUM MANDATORY SENTENCING GUIDELINES.

PROSECUTION

THE EXPENSE OF PROSCECUTING ALL FIREARM RELATED CRIMES OF VIOLENCE WOULD BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

INCARCERATION

THE EXPENSE OF INCARCERATING THOSE CONVICTED OF FIREARM RELATED CRIMES OF VIOLENCE WOULD BE PAID BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

ADDITIONAL FEES OR TAXES

REVENUE GENERATED FROM ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE PERMIT/LICENSE FEES OR TAXES IMPOSED ON LAW ABIDING INDIVIDUALS WHO ACQUIRE OR POSSESS FIREARMS AND AMUNITION MUST BE EXPENDED EXCLUSIVELY ON FIREARM RELATED ISSUES AND NOT USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE.

SOLDIER SAILOR AND MARINE TAX REVENUE

LOTTERY SALES

VANITY LICENSE PLATE FEES

davidmcbeth

Banned
Congressman Larson referenced 9/11 and how the country responded by leaving no stone unturned in the aftermath of the incident.

9/11 9/11 9/11 its like a mantra to these folks who have instituted security theater !

I told the federal government about lax security at Logan in late 7/11 ...they did not seem to care then.

And additional fees? I would think that any fees should be opposed. And why would we care about where those fees go anyway? There should be no fees attached to getting a permit or cert. of eligibility -- you need one of these to purchase a gun, a core right of the 2nd amendment.

Moving things to federal court v. state court? How would that work for state statutory penalties that are not also based on federal code?

I'm not in favor of getting more federal control ... but that's just my opinion...and the state should pay to incarcerate -- its a deterrent so that only those who truly need to go, go. Get caught with a gun in your car w/o a permit? So what. Keep and Bear....

50% ammo tax ... what idiots ...

And his aidE was interested? My senator's aide thinks the constitution was written before the revolutionary war .. so I found this humorous.

CAPS

Isn't it nice that he allowed you to be at his little forum...do you think you changed his opinion? Its sounds like Ed is trying to get them to examine other aspects of gun crime away from banning guns, mags, etc. A good strategy? We'll find out .. but their will be plenty of bills this session so it certainly is something to highlight to all the members of the house and senate.

I have several proposals to my legislators to eliminate the BFPE entirely, making an admin appeal back to the issuing authority and then allowing a de novo appeal to superior court from there if needed (towns would have to pay $$$ to support their positions then .. thousands of dollars). The BFPE is currently an agency that does its business outside the scope and authority that our legislature has granted it -- when this happens, elimination is the best solution.

Last edited:

Edward Peruta

Obsession and extreme views

To: Davidmcbeth,

You are fast approaching 3,000 posts on this message board since joining in January of 2012 which provides evidence that you have posted nearly 8.23 time per day.

I have for some time refrained from commenting on your posts, but felt that it was time to publicly state my feelings.

I have read your posts and listened to your opinions on several occasions.

I am NOT impressed with your opinions or advice and believe that you have serious issues which concern me in many ways that I will not discuss in a public forum.

I was NOT impressed with your presentation at the recent Board of Firearms Permit Examiners, and found it extremely interesting that you of all people would make the simple stupid mistake of NOT acknowledging your military service on the application for a Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers. You held a place on the Board's backlogged docket which could have been filled by someone with real issues.

I have personally, (face to face), told you of my concerns and beliefs regarding how you address issues, and hope that your opinions and beliefs do not represent the average law abiding individuals who visit this message board.

You should really seek out a professional to discuss your concerns with firearms, Freedom of Information, Hartford Parking Authority and I'm sure other areas in your daily life.

And please refrain from attempting to contact me regarding this post.

To the moderator of this board, this IS NOT a personal attack and is based on factual information.

I have serious concerns that David's comments are distracting others from the information and debates that are published on this message board.

Respectfully,

Edward Peruta
edperuta@ctgunrights.com

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Removed real name

Last edited by a moderator: