• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MWAG non-event

Superlite27

I was eating breakfast at my favorite Denny's in Troy on Friday morning, when.....what, to my wondering eyes should appear....but a pair of Troy's finest, but no sign of reindeer.

One officer stood at the doorway as another entered, walked around my strong side, glanced at my Springfield Armory 1911, nodded at me, then proceeded to leave...whereupon, I finished eating my breakfast in peace.

Obviously, someone MWAG'ed me, because these officers did not linger to partake of the fine cuisine. (The term "fine" being loosely applied.)

No police contact. Why can't every encounter be handled so adroitly? They obviously had to respond, yet once they arrived, they split. I didn't even see them speak to another patron or anyone that might have called to ask questions or explain anything. Just walk in, look at my gun, and walk out. I have a feeling that, had I not been facing the door, I'd have never seen them. (But, of course, I ALWAYS face the door.)

(As a side note: I'm certain they were familiar with me before they even arrived. I've encountered Lincoln County deputies on numerous occasions as they often dine there. I even see a Trooper every so often.)

Last edited:

mspgunner

Those who have been around any length of time know Troy is very OC friendly and the whole dang town (anyone who reads the paper or follows community events) knows it. This is the way it should be. Life would be a whole lot easier if we had State wide OC preemption, but we don't. I spent last weekend in OK for an OC gathering. They have only had OC for a month an a half but anyone with abrain knows it is State wide with little limitation.

Hang in there Missouri, th elegislature comes back in January.............. Maybe they'll actually do something good?

I was eating breakfast at my favorite Denny's in Troy on Friday morning, when.....what, to my wondering eyes should appear....but a pair of Troy's finest, but no sign of reindeer.

One officer stood at the doorway as another entered, walked around my strong side, glanced at my Springfield Armory 1911, nodded at me, then proceeded to leave...whereupon, I finished eating my breakfast in peace.

Obviously, someone MWAG'ed me, because these officers did not linger to partake of the fine cuisine. (The term "fine" being loosely applied.)

No police contact. Why can't every encounter be handled so adroitly? They obviously had to respond, yet once they arrived, they split. I didn't even see them speak to another patron or anyone that might have called to ask questions or explain anything. Just walk in, look at my gun, and walk out. I have a feeling that, had I not been facing the door, I'd have never seen them. (But, of course, I ALWAYS face the door.)

(As a side note: I'm certain they were familiar with me before they even arrived. I've encountered Lincoln County deputies on numerous occasions as they often dine there. I even see a Trooper every so often.)

Redbaron007

Congrats on the fine interaction with the locals.....sounds like the perfect encounter!

I'm hoping the events at Sandy Hook don't weight heavy on the reps. :uhoh:

Last edited:

peterarthur

The Governor has already said the teachers can't be armed. If he doesn't care about them he sure doesn't care about us!

If the parents that elect him don't care enough to elect the right person, I certainly don't need to care if their children are safe. Pull your kids out and keep them home if necessary. If enough families voted with homeschooling, maybe they will start paying attention. Since we are armed in our house, it is certainly dramatically safer than the "gun free" zones called public schools.

Just food for thought :)

MKEgal

Superlite27 said:
Obviously, someone MWAG'ed me... Why can't every encounter be handled so adroitly? ... I didn't even see them speak to another patron or anyone that might have called to ask questions or explain anything
Hopefully whoever called saw them too, & might learn that a LAC /= 911 call.
I wish police would charge those callers with abuse of the system, making a false report, whatever.

REALteach4u

What I cannot figure out is why they still refuse to train their 911 dispatchers to ask a few pertinent questions.

Is the firearm in a holster?
Is the person doing anything illegal?
Is the person threatening anyone?

Stats say clearly that less than 3% of offenders will risk OC because they know it invites LEO contact. Why can't our LE trainers get this through their heads?

Last edited:

Redbaron007

What I cannot figure out is why they still refuse to train their 911 dispatchers to ask a few pertinent questions.

Is the firearm in a holster?
Is the person doing anything illegal?
Is the person threatening anyone?

Stats say clearly that less than 3% of offenders will risk OC because they know it invites LEO contact. Why can't our LE trainers get this through their heads?

Because the public doesn't want them to..they want someone to come out because they have been fed BS from the public/politicians that unless you are LEO, carrying a gun in plain sight is wrong/scary.....they want someone to investigate. I hate to day it, but with some of the 911 dispatchers I have know/known, I would not feel comfortable with them making this decision. The Joe Public is not very well versed in what is legal or illegal when it comes to OC...so a 911 person asking them if the person is doing something illegal....prolly not the best informant.

OC for ME

911 Dispatcher: "Is the person holding the gun in his hand?"
Caller: "No, it's in a holster."
911 Dispatcher: "That's good, call us back if that person takes it out of the holster, have a nice day."...click.

Redbaron007

911 Dispatcher: "Is the person holding the gun in his hand?"
Caller: "No, it's in a holster."
911 Dispatcher: "That's good, call us back if that person takes it out of the holster, have a nice day."...click.

If it were only that easy! :lol: