• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

petetion to deport Piers Morgan

eye95

1A rights are not limited to citizens. Any PERSON in the US enjoys the enumerated 1A rights. Everyone in the world has the God-given (or natural, if you prefer) right to self-expression. Don't expect others to be willing to defend your rights if you are not willing to defend theirs.

Morgan is emotional and ignorant. He has a right to be. Deal with his irrationality with rationality, not with a denial of the existence of his rights.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
1A rights are not limited to citizens. Any PERSON in the US enjoys the enumerated 1A rights. Everyone in the world has the God-given (or natural, if you prefer) right to self-expression. Don't expect others to be willing to defend your rights if you are not willing to defend theirs.

Morgan is emotional and ignorant. He has a right to be. Deal with his irrationality with rationality, not with a denial of the existence of his rights.

+1

Freedom of speech is a natural right. If you believe in God, it is god-given. If you're unsure or actively disbelieve in a god, then it arises from nature. That is to say a person has that right simply because he exists.

eye95

Just because a right is God-given doesn't mean it must be respected. All around us we see God-given rights being violated every day.

If you would not respect the rights of others, it would be rather hypocritical of you to expect yours to be respected.

If you would defend your own rights, first look to defend the rights of others.

Boba Fett

I don't expect my rights to be respected, there are infringements and violations coming from individuals and governments all the time. It is a fact of life that we must adapt to.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I don't expect my rights to be respected, there are infringements and violations coming from individuals and governments all the time. It is a fact of life that we must adapt to.

Well, yes. I understood that from your previous post: "Just because a right is God-given doesn't mean it must be respected. All around us we see God-given rights being violated every day."

Our question, based on your previous post, is whether you consider you don't need/want to respect the rights of others.

tattedupboy

For a noncitizen to say things that citizens don't like is not a crime and certainly not grounds for deportation. Yes, he's an enemy of 2A. Deal with it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I do not vote, therefore I don't make the rules. So it is not up to me to respect or reject peoples' rights.

Hmmm. That's a very interesting evasion from a guy whose username is a movie character that is a hired killer and mercenary. Very interesting, indeed.

Boba Fett

Hmmm. That's a very interesting evasion from a guy whose username is a movie character that is a hired killer and mercenary. Very interesting, indeed.

I don't have half the standards of Boba Fett. He was quite virtuous really. Remember that there is no God in Star Wars, so right and wrong are up for grabs in that fictional universe.

Sorcice

I don't have half the standards of Boba Fett. He was quite virtuous really. Remember that there is no God in Star Wars, so right and wrong are up for grabs in that fictional universe.

Lol. God doesn't have a place in this argument.. It's called a social contract. You don't do "bad" things and in turn you live around others who do the same. Outsiders are dealt with. And don't give me the no morality without God line. Morality is objective. Entirely based on popular ideals and geography again related to the social contract.

eye95

Ah, there is that militant need to deny God at His very mention.

Again, I have to wonder if, deep down inside, despite the denials we are about to hear, whether it is God's existence being denied, or His authority.

I am convinced that most militant atheists actually believe in God. Else, why would it matter so much to them when someone so much as makes a fleeting mention of Him?

nonameisgood

Escalation much?
I don't think god needs you to defend him. He is/would be perfectly capable of doing so himself, in far more convincing ways.

Back OT, the one sure way to keep Mr Morgan on the air is to talk about him on forums like this.

slowfiveoh

Ah, there is that militant need to deny God at His very mention.

Again, I have to wonder if, deep down inside, despite the denials we are about to hear, whether it is God's existence being denied, or His authority.

Which "God"?

Odin? Thor? Vishnu? Krishna? Marduk? Mithras?

I just want to make sure that I am addressing the right mythological belief structure before discussing its poisonous effect on society.

I would hate to address the wrong mythology, so let's get that straight first. After all, if you were born in the middle east or Asia, your mythology would have a serious chance of being non-Christian, and good golly gee, I'd hate to offend you by mistaking one false belief for another.

Also, "militant Atheism" is probably ALMOST as annoying as morons knocking on your door to tell you about their adult imaginary friend and how morals stem from him as he orders the rape of women, the murder of children, the smashing of infants against rocks, the mutilation of genitals, or how the Earth was made "6,000 years ago" with dinosaur bones and other fossils from say the Cambrian period were placed there to "test" us.

ALMOST.

It's truly, endlessly puerile to listen to 99% of Christians (Just as an example, would hate to assume even though it's highly geographically plausible that Christianity is the idiocy you believe in.) who have read and cherry-picked verses of the Bible without actually reading the abomination cover to cover.

This is where you tell me you have read the Bible, and then dodge and dive your way through making up surreptitious circular or evasive compromises for the verses that are patently wicked, and display a more pagan, wrathful, vengeful immoral being clearly borrowing from earlier belief structures (Zoroastroism, etc.), and certainly later than many of them (Buddhism, Taoism, Norse, Hinduism and at least 30 others), all of whom had a "sacrificed son" tales in their overall dogma. (Krishna was known as the "Lamb of God" for example. Attis was the sacrificed son. However, at the time of the rise of Christianity, the story of Horus would have been the main inspiration for the "god-son" mythos).

It pains me that a "teacher" who is supposed to instruct in the course of logic and reason, would be so defensive and uncritical of a massively flawed religion, sourced from a massively translated, chapter omitted, bronze-age babble-fest that condones the rape of women, the murder of children/infants, human sacrifice, world-wide genocide (which has been proven to never have happened).

It pains me, but does not surprise me.

eye95 said:
I am convinced that most militant atheists actually believe in God. Else, why would it matter so much to them when someone so much as makes a fleeting mention of Him?

Whatever fantasy you must tell yourself to further the belief in your own myth.

The reason it's pursued is because of its hugely detrimental effect on society, education, and politics.

Then again, you knew this, you just lack the ability to acknowledge it because of how damaging it would be to your belief structure. Its rare to see somebody who sees the problem, who purports to be religious.

Last edited: