• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When a RINO brays: Kay Baily Hutchison against "those large clips"

KBCraig

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...city-magazines-gun-control-nra_n_2356392.html

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) expressed support for gun control on Sunday.

“We ought to be looking at where the real danger is, like those large clips, I think that does need to be looked at,” Hutchison told CBS's Face The Nation. "It's the semi-automatics and those large magazines that can be fired off very quickly. You do have to pull the trigger each time, but it’s very quick.”

Hutchison has been a longtime supporter of gun rights and has an A rating from the NRA. ...

Also on Face The Nation was Virginia Senator Mark Warner (D), another A-rated pro-gun rights lawmaker. Warner said that he believe it was time for new gun laws in the United States.

"When the crisis hit, my three college daughters came home and said, Dad, you work up there. What are you going to do?" he said. "And to me, simply saying existing gun laws are enough, the status quo is acceptable, just didn't pass my gut check as a father."

Ca Patriot

I think the media has taken her comments out of context. She has a strong record on gun rights and she is from Texas. If she votes for gun control its political suicide.